How do you SIGN OUT of My Verizon Mobile?
bikerchik01

Just got the update and signed in to My Verizon Mobile and now it will not sign out and I can't uninstall. Don't want this opening without prompting to log in.

0 Likes
Re: How do you SIGN OUT of My Verizon Mobile?
bearone21
Legend
i thought it was packaged on these phones, i never have to login.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2

in the last update it added that feature so it isent really new. everytime u power off or reboot or pull the battery the first time u want to enter most verizon owned app like my verizon or nfl mobile u have to sign in once untill u power it off again. i dont think it specifically has to do with my verizon the app. thats why there isent a sign out.  i hate it to since i need to sign into it if someoneelse wants to look at the nfl mobile app or something on my phone.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2

if u are trying to uninstall the app u cant because it was in the software update and also that pain security setting is to so your right we cant get rid of that setting unless that get rid of it. weird how the apps changed alittle bit like the way the hotspot looks etc.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
that sign in must be unique to tb, haven't heard it on the dx forum.
0 Likes
Not applicable

bikerchik01 wrote:

Just got the update and signed in to My Verizon Mobile and now it will not sign out and I can't uninstall. Don't want this opening without prompting to log in.

Hi there! 

I tested the My Verizon mobile app on my Thunderbolt and there is no option to sign out. I even tried going into the Settings>Applications to clear cache and force stop. I pulled my battery too, and it doesn't sign out then either.  I will escalate this to our product team to see if this is as designed or if they plan on updating the app to add that feature.

Thanks for being part of the community!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

IIRC there's not really much you can do without the My Verizon password anyways.  Someone can open the app and see how many texts, minutes and data you used but it's not like they can pay your bill or order anything without your password and that's cleared whenever you back out of the app.   That's probably the least of your concern if you lose your phone and I would think or at least hope that deactivating the phone in that event would prevent them from seeing that because of the way the app authenticates.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
As anyone tried clearing the data for the MyVerizon application along with the clear cache and finally the force close button?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I did, then deleted the widget, but it soon showed back up under running applications.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
But were you still signed in to MyVerizon with the application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes