How do you delete ringtones?
cam1100

I have downloaded some free ringtones twice.  How do I get rid of the duplicates?  Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you delete ringtones?
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

To Delete a saved ringtone, you may also try the instructions below. Just as a reminder, you cannot delete pre-installed ringtones. 

--From the main HOME screen, click settings 

--Tap  Sound set. click on downloaded ringtones

--Press MENU, and then tap Delete.

--Tap one or more sound sets you want to delete.

--Tap Delete.

You can also go to PERSONALIZE  through the settings tab to view additional ringtones.

Deleting sound sets
From the main HOME screen, tap > Sound set.
Press MENU, and then tap Delete.
Tap one or more sound sets you want to delete.
Tap DeleteFrom the main HOME screen, tap > Sound set.Press MENU, and then tap Delete.Tap one or more sound sets you want to delete.Tap Delete.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Can you go to settings > sound > phone ringtone > press menu > delete ringtone > select the ringtone you want to delete?

Post back if that works or not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
peachy8

Help.  I'm having the same issue.  I have the HTC Thunderbolt and when I go in to the Ringtones, hit Menu, and hit Delete, my ringtone I downloaded isn't on the list.  I downloaded a ringtone to try to use as a message sounds but since I can't change my message sound to anything but what's already on the phone, I no longer want that ringtone on my phone.  I'm really starting to hate this phone and I just bought it.

0 Likes
coley2020

I used the directions to try and delete double downloaded ringtones from the app Ringlert.  None of them showed up to delete.  I deleted the double ringtone from Ringlert directly, but they are still in my ringtones twice.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The only other way I know that will delete the extra ringtones is doing a factory reset. :smileysad:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

To Delete a saved ringtone, you may also try the instructions below. Just as a reminder, you cannot delete pre-installed ringtones. 

--From the main HOME screen, click settings 

--Tap  Sound set. click on downloaded ringtones

--Press MENU, and then tap Delete.

--Tap one or more sound sets you want to delete.

--Tap Delete.

You can also go to PERSONALIZE  through the settings tab to view additional ringtones.

Deleting sound sets
From the main HOME screen, tap > Sound set.
Press MENU, and then tap Delete.
Tap one or more sound sets you want to delete.
Tap DeleteFrom the main HOME screen, tap > Sound set.Press MENU, and then tap Delete.Tap one or more sound sets you want to delete.Tap Delete.

0 Likes