Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

How do you stop the phone from attempting to logon to a deleted email account?
SysProg
Enthusiast

When I first got my phone Skype video was not available so I opened a Yahoo email account so that I could use them for video calls.  I got frustrated with the phone in that about half of the time that I turned it on it would tell me that it couldn't connect to the Yahoo servers due to an invalid password.  Other times it would connect successfully.

I went to the default email app and found an option to delete the Yahoo account.  I even went to the Yahoo web site and deleted the email account from there. 

I thought that I had successfully deleted the account but now I get a message that the phone can't access the Yahoo servers every time I turn the phone on.  Any ideas on how to stop the phone from attempting to access the Yahoo email servers?

I've checked and the email app doesn't list Yahoo and I can't find any reference to Yahoo in the apps section.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you stop the phone from attempting to logon to a deleted email account?
SysProg
Enthusiast

Nevermind, I fixed it (I think).  I went into Settings | Accounts & Sync and found Yahoo at the bottom of the list (alphabetically).  I selected it and it had an optiion to delete the account, which I did.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do you stop the phone from attempting to logon to a deleted email account?
SysProg
Enthusiast

Nevermind, I fixed it (I think).  I went into Settings | Accounts & Sync and found Yahoo at the bottom of the list (alphabetically).  I selected it and it had an optiion to delete the account, which I did.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Excellent! I'm glad you were able to delete the unwanted email from your Thunderbolt!

0 Likes