How to get rid of the Ice Cream update
bystarus

Does anyone know if you can downgrade back to the Gingerbread software??  The Ice cream update looks nice, but had messed up the video feature on the phone before I could take clear crisp video that look as if I used a video camera, after the update the video is crap, I have tried all the features including the HD and it is still horrible, and worst than anything I have used before I discovered that my phone was better than my flip camera and much easier to upload.

0 Likes
Re: How to get rid of the Ice Cream update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't go back officially to Gingerbread. Any other methods can't be discussed on this community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
smeeds5
Enthusiast - Level 2

can you suggest a place i can go to unofficially go back to gingerbread?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Can you not read? What you want can not be discussed in anyway. ICS is good if you give it a chance. GB stinks.

0 Likes
smeeds5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can read - quite well actually, thank you.  As it cannot be posted here I thought perhaps there was another site I could go to for the information.

As for giving ICS a chance I did.  My phone is now totally screwed up. I had to get a refurb. which doesn't work correctly either.  I have spent far too many hours with Verizon trying to fix this screw up.  Still no good.

So excuse me for wanting to find another solution.

Not applicable

Obviously you can't read too well since we can't discuss what you want to do here obviously we certainly can't provide you with links or names of sites that will allow this either even if we were inclined to do so. Which I'm certainly not.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Google is your friend. It isn't tough to find information on altering a device. There is a large developer community out their. We would be more helpful if we could but there's simply a few key words that will get a post removed real quick.

0 Likes
smeeds5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much. I'll search.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

0 Likes
bcookatpcsd

I want to let you know it took me 20+ minutes to create an account; and I did so only so that I could reply to this and give you *the answer*..

Not that anyone from Verizon will tell you..

eBay.

I (in my personal account - this is a business one..) have two phones with a 'grandfathered 3G unlimited data' contracts..

I keep that 'data plan' as long as I BRING MY OWN DEVICE..

So after asking several people.. I went to ebay got myself a LTE/4G device that I liked and was willing to pay for..

Changed it in my account; done.  Had to physically visit the store to get the SIM card; but no change in my monthly plan.

Please let me know if you do not understand and I will *gladly* hold your hand and make sure you get it..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

did you post in the wrong thread? this thread has nothing to do with how to keep your unlimited data. the original post inquired as to how to revert back to a previous version of the operating system. ebay isn't going to help with that.

0 Likes