Htc rezound battery is drained while charging the phone!
Chrisalan11

I am really confused with the issues I am currently experiencing with my rezound. Every time I try to charge my phone the phone gets super hot and instead of charging it actually sucks the life right out of it! The only way I can get any battery life is if I use my car charger.  Another issue is when I try to charge the phone sometimes it won't even connect, in other words the amber light won't turn on indicating its charging.  But like I said earlier it's irrelevant because when the amber light does turn on insinuating its charging your phone it's actually just draining the battery.  I should also mention I have two batteries, both htc brand 1 is the regular thin one and the other is an extended battery.  This is also my 3rd rezound with the same problem since the ICS update.  Verizon is sending me my 4th replacement phone this Monday, which is very kind of them, but I've just about had it with this Rezound and seriously considering going back to an iPhone. Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue with their Rezound or other android device?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Htc rezound battery is drained while charging the phone!
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. I've been using a second charger (standard MicroUSB connection instead of the funky MicroUSB/MicroHDMI) since the HTC charger received has been finicky about charging. It's worked fine for four months, now i struggle to get it to charge past 20%. I charged it all night last night (10pm-9am) and it didn't charge past 44%. I'm wondering is anyone else getting and error box that pops up and says "phone is using more power than the charger can supply. try closing some apps, yadda yadda...I had no apps running, the screen was sleeping until the notice popped up and I stopped every process except the main process for Android to run. This phone has been nothing but trouble since I got it.

Finally, does any of your rezound cause static feedback near speakers, heck within 15ft of speakers. I cant have my phone on my desk or night because it causes an annoying buzzing sound from the desktop speakers, my laptops speakers, and the speaker in my alarm clock. I know my mothers rezound does it too (bought it when it was BOGO free special)...piece of junk. This phone looked so promising in the store...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds more like a bad charger than a problem with the phone. If you try a new charger and still have problems, call tech support, and they will probably replace either the phone or the battery. (You could go into a corporate store to do this as well)

0 Likes
swannyDinc

I learned this from (I believe) another forum:  Go to Settings, then Power.  The Battery status will show "Not charging" when not plugged in.  When plugged into a charger that provides the manufacturer's recommended amperage it will read "Charging (AC)".  When plugged into a charger that is less than optimum (probably anything less than 1 amp), it will read "Charging (USB)".  A great example of the latter is when you plug it into a USB port on your laptop, or a car charger that doesn't supply the needed amperage.  I have heard that, depending on what your phone is doing, the Charging (USB) may not keep up with the power that the phone is using. 

This may not apply to your phone, but I thought it could be of value.

John

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This is also accurate.

0 Likes
MIMIpw

I could have written your comments word for word.  I have the exact same problems.. However I am still a bit aways from update and don't want to spend the money to upgrade..

0 Likes
tory990

Mine started having the exact same issues around the first of december.  It was also putting itself into dock mode, turning wifi on and off, i even bought brand new batteries and a brand new charger for it from verizon.  Verizson wouldn't honor the warranty because it didn't come from their store, therefore I called HTC itwas still under warranty.  It is now on its way back the SECOND time because the first time they didn't fix the issues.  I bought a droidx from someone i know until the Rezound is fixed or I get fed up and sell it on ebay as a non working model.  My best advice would be get something different.  I've had to send it back to the manufacturer twice for the same issue and each time they've kept it less than a day before it was coming back I doubt it'll be working this time either.  Good luck to you hope you get yours working.  Another issued mine was having is that it would say the battery was at 0% and shut off.  I could immediately remove the battery and put it directly back in and turn it on and it would say about half percentage or so, point is it would be working.  I'm not sure what's wrong with it, all i know is I'm investing in something else at tax time.  My upgrade is due in March so I'll get something else then.

0 Likes
garlie

My Rezound was new in November and it is my first smart phone. From day 1 I have complained that the battery is my enemy. It drains in an hour while I am trying to learn the phone. I shy away from using it for social calls for fear the battery won't last. My plan was to cancel my land line next month, but I'm not so sure I want to be plugged in all the time!  I wanted to trade in the 1st 30 days buy was told there would be a restocking fee and I'd already went over my monthly budget. I think I could grow to like the phone but there are issues. Is there a way to control the sensitivity? I don't realize I am touching anything and the screens are changing all the time without my prompts.

Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks

0 Likes
jmx1

Having this exact same problem. I have two wall chargers (the one that came with the phone and one I ran out and got from a Verizon store when this started) and neither they nor the USB will actually charge the phone anymore, car charger is the only thing that works. I tried taking it in to a Verizon store to see if there was anything they could do and the guy popped the battery out and back in (which I told him I had already done several times) and told me to take the phone off vibrate mode because that used the battery up faster. Had to struggle to keep a straight face as I left. Now I guess I'm going to have to drive around for a while before I can try calling tech support.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. I've been using a second charger (standard MicroUSB connection instead of the funky MicroUSB/MicroHDMI) since the HTC charger received has been finicky about charging. It's worked fine for four months, now i struggle to get it to charge past 20%. I charged it all night last night (10pm-9am) and it didn't charge past 44%. I'm wondering is anyone else getting and error box that pops up and says "phone is using more power than the charger can supply. try closing some apps, yadda yadda...I had no apps running, the screen was sleeping until the notice popped up and I stopped every process except the main process for Android to run. This phone has been nothing but trouble since I got it.

Finally, does any of your rezound cause static feedback near speakers, heck within 15ft of speakers. I cant have my phone on my desk or night because it causes an annoying buzzing sound from the desktop speakers, my laptops speakers, and the speaker in my alarm clock. I know my mothers rezound does it too (bought it when it was BOGO free special)...piece of junk. This phone looked so promising in the store...

0 Likes
Not applicable

also, to @

0 Likes