I need help/suggestions with the HTC Rhyme
Ginny67

Hello,

I have the HTC Rhyme and I am so unhappy with it.  I hate knowing I have to wait until 2014 until I can upgrade.  I am wondering if anyone else has the issues I have with mine.  1.)  Drops calls alot even when I have all bars.  2.) It is very slow if I try to pull something up online.  3.)  My phone numbers seem to disappear at nothing.  3.)  My phone cuts off randomly without my knowing it.  4.)  My charge never lasts long at all.  In fact I had straight talk before and that phone stayed charged forever and it was a smart phone as well.  5.) My apps disappear as well.  6.) When I am talking to family and friends they are always asking me to repeat myself or I cant hear them. 7.)  Trying to send a picture is like pulling teeth about near impossible for me to do.  8.)  Text messages gets to where they are going sometimes and sometimes not.  9.)  And try to find a decent case for this phone is not easy.  In fact I've not found one yet that I like thats not plastic or silicone.

Is anyone else having these problems.?? I believe my phone is a lemon if I'm the only one having these problems.  I am not a person to complain about things but even my family and friends say I have a piece of crap for a phone.  What do I do??  Just got the phone in May.

0 Likes
Re: I need help/suggestions with the HTC Rhyme
debtinker

I totally agree with Ginny.  I have had my phone for about a month.  It won't hold a charge.  Someone suggested turning it off overnight to see if it will take a full charge.  After I did, it wouln't come on.  Still didn't get a full charge.  When I place it in the docking station, it gets so hot I can't hold it to my ear.  It is dropping calls even when I have the full bars.  At times, my phone shows that I am still connected on the call, but the other person can't hear me and hang up.  This is crap.  I can't go until 2014 to get a decent phone.  I want a different phone.  I had a little crappy Samsung Galaxy with TMOBILE and it stayed charged, never over heated, seldom dropped calls and I gave it up for THIS?  Surely you people must have some kind of replacement plan with this phone given all the people that are having the same issues that apparently are not getting fixed.  When I switched from TMOBILE, the guy that helped me with my new phone and plan swore by this phone.  I had done my homework and had seen all the negative responses to the phone, so when I asked him about it during his sales pitch, he assured me everything had been updated and it wasn't happening any longer.  Given that he was a Verizon representative, I believed him.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ginny67, I want to get you back to loving your HTC Rhyme!  First, let me ask, have you downloaded any type of antivirus, battery or data saver applications?  They have been known to cause these types of symptoms in the past.  If so, please uninstall & retest the device.  http://goo.gl/Z2J1I  Let me also suggest soft resetting the device.  http://goo.gl/6aW9M  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ginny67

Anthony I just saw this...no I havent downloaded any of that. I am still having so much trouble with it I HATE THIS PHONE!!  I have not met the first person with this same phone that was happy with it.  I believe there should be some sort of a recall on it.  I had to take my little girl to thte hospital and I took it off of charge and it had a full charge on it.  It didnt even last me 3 hours and I mainly just texted.  Totally upset with this....I need a phone I can depend on.  I transferred from Straight talk because I was using the Verizon service.  I love Verizon service but hate this phone. My husband has had no trouble with his phone and he hates my phone as well.

0 Likes
Ginny67

Four months later and its worse...I hate my phone.

0 Likes
che4321

I've had my htc rhyme for about 5 months now and I don't like it my volume button is stuck , it won't charge at all, tends to freeze up a lot  they said I could get a replacment. I don't want another HTC Rhyme I want a completely different phone. My preference would be apple but I'm not due for an upgrade until April of next year .THIS SUCKS

0 Likes