Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
I used to get 4g, now only getting 3g
NoraLWise

I used to get 4g, now i am only getting 3g.  What happened?

0 Likes
Re: I used to get 4g, now only getting 3g
gnafin

it's verizon.... they suck..... my t-bolt data speed went to nothing..... i am looking for new service........

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor

Take out and reinsert the sim card, make sure wifi is turned off when trying to connect to 4g, pull the battery for 20 seconds, report back.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Even though it's for Motorola! you might give Motorola's Restore Connectivity App a try its for getting back the 4G..

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Check to see if the phone has been set to CDMA only. Menu > settings > wireless & networks > mobile network settings > network type. See if it is on CDMA only type. Switch to LTE/CDMA mode.

You can also try *#*#4636#*#* and check the phone information. If it is set on LTE/EDVO auto, change it to LTE only mode and see if the phone switches to 4G LTE. After it is connected, switch it back to LTE/EDVO auto.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
smc11773

I used to get 3G, now I get 1x!!!. Verizon used to be the absolute best there was, now with outrageous prices, data caps, sketchy signal.... other services are looking better and better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

NoraLWise,

I'm sorry about the 4G on your device. Is this still a concern? Does this happen in multiple locations or a specific area? What zip code are you in with this issue? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NoraLWise

Your instructions fixed my issue.  Thank you for your support.

<Personal information removed for privacy>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes