ICS Issue: Email links in web browser or play store do not work
Cowboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the ics update, when i click and email link or attempt to email a dev from the play store, i get taken to the HTC Mail app to setup an account.  My GOOGLE accounts (3 of them) are already set up on the phone and all works fine.  They seem to have broken this somehow.  Any solutions?  I do not want to add my Google account again.

0 Likes
Re: ICS Issue: Email links in web browser or play store do not work
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You can blame Apple for that, they apparently hold a patent for the pop up window to set default actions. You'll find the same thing with YouTube links, they will always take you to the browser. You can, however, change some of these by going to menu> settings> app associations.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And here I just read that the YouTube application was being removed from the newest iOS 6 in favor of the browser. I want to use the YouTube application when I click on video links, but there is no option. Ugh!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Apparently the iOS YouTube app was garbage anyway, so they're letting Google write a good one, it just won't be standard.

0 Likes