Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
cbud72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not necessarily. You have to admit this has been a really unusual experience with a phone. After having phones that worked pretty much perfect for my entire two year contract for years with Verizon this is really disappointing.

0 Likes
rezoundrocks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I say hey Verizon!!!!  Put the update out for the Rezound and put the price back up if you don't want to sell it at such a deep discount.  People will pay it if it had ics on it.

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

If you like it with GB, you'll love it with ICS and Sense 3.6 and even more so with ICS and Sense 4.0!

0 Likes
dtanner
Enthusiast - Level 2
119. Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND

demmo86rtCommunityLeader

And in 6-9 months, you would start a thread about "why oh why doesn't the SGSIII have Jelly Bean yet?"

And after that you'll be looking for the next best thing that's just how technology works, you're always 1 step behind and if you keep holding off waiting for the next best you'll never have anything new. It's always advancing, The problem with the Rezound not having ICS yet isn't that it's missing the fancy GUI that ICS offers it's the fact that the phone is plagued with data problems and other bugs. It makes phone calls and plays music so long as the music isn't streaming...  I really wish I had kept my thunderbolt it was a much better, much more reliable device than the Rezound. As for sounding better "Beats" is a per-tuned EQ nothing more don't be fooled thinking you have a super powerful soundcard or some other type of hardware in the phone it's an EQ setting that can be duplicated with most other EQ apps out there. Most of the recent ROMS for the HTC phones actually include beats audio, my Thunderbolt had beats audio and it sounded just as good as the Rezound.

Not bashing the phone too much here, I like the phone and was excited when I bought it but I'm extremely disappointed in it's performance up to this point and am near the point of taking it back and demanding it be swapped out for another more reliable device or I'm pulling all my phones and moving to another carrier.

bhorn2011

I wonder if the performance would be better if the 2nd processor was working? I have never seen the 2nd processor work.

0 Likes
dbWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 2

...the time it has taken this update to happen is REALLY unforgivable. Verizon and HTC will be in my thoughts come contract time.

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

The frustration is caused when you see articles like the following:

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog/2012/07/zte-first-to-launch-non-nexus-device-with-jelly-bean/?u...

How is this ZTE device with completely lackluster specs able to run JB and we can't even get ICS????  We can go round and round on this subject but the device was sold as ICS ready and early 2012 was the statement made by HTC and VZW.  So, again I ask, how is it possible for the ZTE N880 to run JB but we can't "handle" ICS?

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google (makers of Andoid OS) and HTC (makers of the Rezound) are the companies resposable. VZW would only needed it formatted for the network which takes literally no time at all. ICS has been pushed to abt 1,000 Rezounds, so unless u bought the phone on the launch date u wont have it until its pushed. if by aug 31st u still dnt have it, stop complaining and get a phone that has what u want at the time of purchase!!

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI, I did buy it on launch day and exchanged it for another Rezound within 14 days.  I also bought what I wanted at the time, the hardware and the ICS ready selling point!!  Curious as to where you got your info about the ICS push to 1000 Rezounds, since I haven't seen that anywhere on any forum I'm involved in.    Make a suggestion too, drop your sarcasm.  I've had more android devices than you could understand, you're not talking to some Noob here rookie. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

LGonsalves wrote:

I've had more android devices than you could understand, you're not talking to some Noob here rookie.

In that case, one would think that either a) you're already well aware of slow update schedules in the android world and/or b) already have ICS.

0 Likes