Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

that screen been like that for months now ......... but i did come across this

26th of July, 2012, 9:14 A.M. New York local time – HTC’s Android smartphone with Verizon LTE to receive Android Ice Cream Sandwich at the end of July, but first week of August is possible.

We’ve been told by a source that HTC and Verizon Wireless will issue the Android ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC Rezound by the end of this month for testers and by August 3 for all devices.

HTC Rezound’s ICS will include multitasking support, data management, camera app improvements and other Ice Cream Sandwich features including Chrome for Android app support and improved keyboard.

HTC Rezound was launched last year with Android Gingerbread. It features a dual-core Scorpion Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 1GB RAM and features a 720p HD S-LCD capacitive touchscreen. The high-end Android-based smartphone also includes a back-facing 8-megapixel camera, Beats software and HTC Sense version 3.5 custom user interface.

Apparently, the latest version of Android is Jelly Bean, and it is safe to assume that HTC Rezound is one of the smartphones that will receive a Jelly Bean update apart from HTC’s high-end HTC One X and other dual-core devices like the HTC Sensation, HTC Amaze, ETC.

For starters, Jelly Bean includes new features including Google Now and improved Google search with voice, aside from smoother UI and new camera enhancements and other apps add-ons.

0 Likes
Rick-In-NC

I doubt the release will be within the next few days. My reasoning goes like this. The Rezound is an excellent piece of hardware. That's why I bought it. Great screen resolution, great sound, great dual core processor. Given the proper operating system that utilizes its potential... why would anybody that owns one upgrade to a phone with less. There is a much better profit margin in selling new phones than upgrading great phones

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That page has been like that for months.

0 Likes
Todd_42

Communication from Verizon to it's customers about these updates would satisfy the majority of people.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

That's why I have an apple. When they say update is coming, it comes. When we say there is an issue, they fix it. I don't have to remove the battery tO reboot. It just works! I've had smartphones for 6 years now, and just with android had the original Moto droid and droid x, now iphone( had treo 755 bb Pearl curve storm 1 and 2) before this, and apple just knows how to make things WORK! My wife has Moto razr droid with ics and it's a good phone but apple us king.

0 Likes
Rhino41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rick-In-NC wrote:

I doubt the release will be within the next few days. My reasoning goes like this. The Rezound is an excellent piece of hardware. That's why I bought it. Great screen resolution, great sound, great dual core processor. Given the proper operating system that utilizes its potential... why would anybody that owns one upgrade to a phone with less. There is a much better profit margin in selling new phones than upgrading great phones

Perhaps we can start changing the cost/benefit equation for Verizon if it isn't out by the first.

0 Likes
wasabifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Selective memory? Antenna issue (you're holding it wrong...buy a case). Don't have to remove the battery to reboot? Really? That is because you couldn't remove the battery if you wanted to. That said, I haven't had to do that on my Rezound either.  My wife has had issues with her iPhone 4S, so it isn't like Apple is problem free. It doesn't always "just work".

That said, I am glad you are happy with your Apple products. I just want to point out for others that don't have experience with both phones that the grass isn't really any greener on the other side of fence.  I want my update, but not at the cast of giving up my Rezound's screen, SD card, or open market.

Tidbits
Legend

Rick-In-NC wrote:

More so for manufacturers.  Verizon makes money regardless if the device gets updated or not.  They are selling services not hardware.  Carriers don't care if the devices get updated or not because as long as you have that contract they make money.  Manufacturers will always update their best sellers first(appease the masses) then work their way down the totem pole or at all if that.

If you are going to bring up the Galaxy Nexus and think that's the price.  Google subsidizes the device for two reasons.

1. Get it into developers hands so more apps get into the market.  When those apps sell whether free or not they make money.  either a cut from the sales and developers fees to host in their market, or advertisements.

2. Get more people onto Android to have #1 have a stronger effect.  The more people on their platform the more money they make.

Manufacturers don't have that luxury.  This is one reason why HTC, and Samsung came out with their respective addon apps.  To try and drive some residual income outside of selling devices.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Here's the break down... The current leak is fake...  It's blatantly faked.

Look every single Android News Blog is reporting that this LEAKED document is for real. If you look closely it says you can pull it 6/1 not 8/1 and they misspelled queue. This is a Photoshopped document of the leaked document that 3 days ago Droid-life released. Someone just took that document and Photoshopped it. Please everyone stop saying this is gospel. Also if you look at the dates... Where's the 0's?

Droid Razr shows 06/22 and 06/30 and if you look at the Rezound 7/29 OTA and then 6/1 pull.  So people should have been able to pull the update for the past 2 months.  Which no one could.

Sorry for you people who think this is a real document.  Someone Trolled and Rick Rolled you hard if you believe it.

0 Likes
ccelpjack

Of course it is a fake, and, it is a lowdown dirty trick.  Here is what a Verizon CS rep emailed me today.

"I've heard many great things about the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. So I totally understand your inquiry about when it will be available for your phone. My name is xxxxx, and let me see what I can find out for you.

I did review our database and show that Ice Cream Sandwich operating system is set to be released for the HTC Rezound in the upcoming months. There has been no set date when it will occur. However once it is released, you will be notified by an alert on the phone.

Thank you for being the most important part of Verizon Wireless. You are truly a valued customer."

0 Likes