Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Tidbits
Legend

It could fall under that, but the fact HTC released a time frame and Verizon stated what they believed HTC was planning to do. One could easily assume HTC was having trouble with their best seller updates which delayed the release of all updates they had planned. Verizon under a NDA(which I am willing to bet the house it exists) could not say what the inner dealings HTC is having or doing. ALL companies have this agreement when working together. It protects them from the other companies and helps protect trade secrets. They can only say what HTC has already released.

The best case I can provide on this subject is the Samsung Behold 2. Was "promised" 2.0 update but only got 1.6 and all the lawsuits flew. Samsung won every case due to Samsung never actually promised and people assumed they did. That's why I said there is an open date which is subject to change unless they give a specific date and within reason clause was never met(which varies on judges).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

honestly speaking I am voicing out for all customers to get the blame in the right direction. Manufacturers know people will blame carriers regardless if they made a shoddy product or take their sweet time even submitting an update. The first update submitted and was leaked was in APRIL. It shouldn't have taken that long to submit an update. The first device that for updated by HTC was late March. If my suppliers did that to me their multi million to billion dollar contract would be in jeopardy(I work for the USM). I have to ensure our troops have the best possible equipment and if I have to worry like you guys I will make sure they know and I will make sure my superiors know. If I am not happy my superiors are not and we look elsewhere. We dropped IBM on a lot of things like when we dropped warp and switch to Linux back in the day as an example. There's a lot more I could tell you but I don't have reason to and it isn't worth life in prison to say. If people actually want this to change they need to pressure manufacturers.

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon did not. A rep may have but they are not the gospel. Here's the

cold hard truth..they lied. Htc is the only one that knows!

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

@tidbits thanks you, finally someone understands..also..no one says u have

to have Verizon..if there is a better option vzw will str8 tell u. "We are

not the cheapest, we ARE the most reliable. If you're looking for low cost

you've been mistaken if you thought that was vzw." And as far as the person

who only has vzw avail in the area...that's mighty unfortunate, also odd

since the FCC doesn't allow any area of the US to be monopolized by a cell

company so..you may want to look a little deeper.

0 Likes
wasabifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still say the blame lays with Verizon. I am a Verizon customer, not an HTC customer. If HTC is to blame, that is up to Verizon to go after our drop HTC phones...not mine. The responsibility lies with the carrier to set their customers expectations, and Verizon is doing a terrible job of it. If this were grounds to terminate my contract, I would be doing it now.

Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

But its not cause vzw has no control over it and its not their fault

0 Likes
sweeneytodd1981
Enthusiast - Level 2

well i 2 have also filed a complaint with the FCC this is messed up and i dont care if they block my account on here its my opinion and im within my rights so thats that htc verizon who the heck ever didnt meet the deadline that htc gave to us so now ive taken steps

enlightenedosote

I agree, Verizon wasn't the one telling us when the update was going to happen, that's on HTC, they gave us two sets of dates and missed them both.

I've had cellphones for over 25 years, been on all the major networks, and Verizon is the best for quality of network and customer service, hands down.

That being said, this does reflect badly on Verizon because we bought our phones from them, highly doubtful I will ever buy another HTC phone.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

Bizzy,

Kinda hard to get you point across to people when you are berating them.

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, but as I said before in the thread I work for one of the three

companies (vzw, htc, Google) and its just ridiculous to hear what customers

say..and its my fault for joining the feed, but ppl always think the gives

a crap abt any of the stuff ppl say they're going to the FCC or bbb or

attorneys general for..

On Jul 31, 2012 10:17 PM, "Dorkmaster" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes