Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
wasabifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see how the FCC should be involved.  The BBB could be involved, as Verizon did originally claim this phone would be updated in early 2012, and by all stretches of the imagination, August is not early 2012.  I agree Verizon cannot be held accountable for what HTC says (though they could clarify it).  All I am saying, is as a Verizon customer, it is up to them to explain why their early estimate that led me to purchasing this phone was so far off base.

They have not done that.  That is Verizon's choice and fault, no matter what sort of bad position HTC may have put them in.  Maybe Verizon thinks their network is so good they don't have to have any sort of customer service.  That may be the case for some people in LTE areas or where other carriers have poor coverage.  That is not my case.  I am not a big fan of lawsuits and I probably won't contact the BBB.  However, there is a good chance I will leave Verizon after this for a lack of communication or customer service skills.  There is a slim chance I will see if I can get out of my contract or a replacement phone that meets what they claimed when they sold me the Rezound (HD screen and ICS by early 2012).  I think I have been patient enough.  Heck, Verizon doesn't even read their own forums it appears.

Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone knows VZW won JDPower Award for C/S 3 yrs in a row and

counting...right?

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I don't offer this as an excuse for HTC. If memory serves there were no ICS releases for CDMA phones that didn't ship with ICS by that time (regardless of manufacturer, ignoring nexus devices for obvious reasons). Considering all major phones, I'm thinking maybe only the vivid had it by april. (interestingly the vivid was released the same month as the rezound).

So to say that their release was delayed in the context of other manufacturers would not be true. You might say that all manufacturers have dragged their feet.

In fact, to this day only a handful of devices have actually gotten the update to ICS. As stated before, this should not be confused with my offering of an excuse for this turtle's pace on the update.

The argument has come up again that HTC is wholly or at least mostly to blame. I still think this is bunk. All fingers point to the *.10 release that has been in VZW's hands since at least June 20th. (granted though this release doesn't seem to be the "world phone" release, so maybe not?)

VZW has to wave their magic wand and bless the release before it can be released.

If the June 20th release is what gets released, I would think over 40days is more than enough magic wand waving.

Someone brought up that if you buy a tv at bestbuy it isn't bestbuy that you turn to for help with the TV. You're missing a pretty obvious difference. I can watch more than just bestbuy network on that TV. Whereas the branded VZW device was only ever intended (and only fully supported) to be used on VZW network.

Same with the car analogy.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what your point is, but don't confuse being the best with being good.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you're saying of one company builds in an area with no service that the FCC will make another company build out to that same area? I think you mean that the FCC doesn't allow one company to own all the spectrum in a given area.

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Vzw doesnt hoard sw on the network, why would they? It's HTC, despite the

fact noone believes it, its the honest truth. The June 20th date was a

spoofed doc...neither htc nor vzws docs look like that...all companies

(manufacturers and svc providers) have started putting the reps name that

looks things up as a watermark on the background of the document to avoid

this issue that everyone is stuck on right now..just a heads up..

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

As mentioned previously, VZW was quite clear in stating the Rezound would have ICS in "early 2012." You need only look in the press release. And advertised on displays in store if I recall correctly (I may be thinking of advertising the world phone feature though).

Point being that HTC wasn't the only one advertising/making statements.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you're saying that the leaked build 3.14.605.10 was spoofed as well? It has been out on the net since June 10th or 11th. I'm not sure what "docs" you "think" I was referring to, this was a leaked RUU, the june 20th date came from the build date on htc's software update page for the rezound. So unless you think their website was hacked, twice, just for giggles. I'm going to go with it being as real as if the deity of your choosing decreed it from their own orifice of choice.

For clarity, 3.14.605.10 was the build listed both times on HTC's website as having a build date of June 20th and listed as being a "new update"

And I suppose this document outlining new features of ICS on the rezound (build 3.14.605.5) is spoofed as well?

http://dl3.htc.com/htc_na/user_guides/htc_rezound_whatsdifferentandnew_3.14.605.5710RD.pdf

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Much like the Nexus One leaks when 2.2 before it was released from Google? Much like the Motorola leaks for the Cliq? Or the ones for the Samsung Vibrant. Notice they are not carrier specific? Someone that works there flip the switch or threw it on the web. I bet if these companies found out who did it they will no longer be working there. Just because it was leaked doesn't always mean they are ready.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Like I said before. Verizon said what HTC had already said. As soon as the lawsuit happens and Verizon shows that NDA the case will be dropped. You would have a better case against HTC.

0 Likes