Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Who said, I do? I never bothered reading any of your past posts, figured they had as little substance as your current ones.

Still waiting for a link to a "change log" with pictures (presumedly for people who can't read changelogs?)

Extra Credit: what difference does it make if it is a changelog or a user guide?

Answer: 01101110011011110110111001100101

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

And? How many diff versions of android is havethey made...a

bunch..gingerbread alone had almost 6 different versions before getting to

the one currently on the Rezound...and froyo, honeycomb, eclair and donut

were no exceptions...just as ics and jellybean will too...so as I sttd

earlier..the initial update will most likely not be great and most of u

will be back on here complaining abt it

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

marketing? My point about the advertising had nothing to do with global and everything to do with ICS.

And you're right, no one made me get the rezound, (had I known they'd pull this kind of bull, I would have waited for the nexus, and probably been somewhat disappointed with its hardware). But I did so assuming that VZW was acting in good faith by stating that it would receive ICS in a timely manner. They have given no appearance that they made that statement/promise in good faith.

cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll complain in advance. If the OTA is 4.0.3 as it is in the presumed build 3.14.605.10, then it is utterly ridiculous. They've had plenty of time to rebase to 4.0.4

(razr OTA was 4.0.4 and it is already out)

0 Likes
Bizzy_RCSAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

@canofspam the better idea is to go to your local vzw and really give it to

them! You'll be served a sease and desest letter and most likely thrown

out..no consumer will make a difference in this..HTC will push the update

when ready..and since u tidbits and I are the only ones on this anymore

clearly shows u are reading them..(insert vulgarity here)

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

"painting a picure" isn't nearly as effective as showing me an example.

And as above, it is a moot point.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

yea, yelling at the peons who know less about my phone than I do will work magic.

I'm only posting here so that when people search rezound ICS and click the "I'm feeling lazy (sic)" button they are presented with some facts to go along with the fiction being posted here.

The only reason I remotely care about this release, is that the source will finally get released to improve the AOSP&AOKP builds.

0 Likes
ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Tidbits
Legend

Of course it is.  You already made up your mind without taking certain things into account.  All cellular phone providers who update their devices will always put the change log into a PDF.  The initial paper guide can't be edited like a PDF can.  Why carry and change 2 documents when you can bundle them together?

You will be hard pressed with ANY device that didn't sell well.  The Amaze, and the Sensation sold better than the Rezound.  Just hop onto AT&T forums and read up on the Thrill where you say the same complaints.  Some people within that thread did a lawsuit and low and behold they lost.  similar situation they went after AT&T and should have gone after HTC.  The Samsung Vibrant same deal they got like 9 leaks, and a few lawsuits later they lost to T-Mobile.  Sprint forums same deal with the Epic.  Samsung Behold 2 and their dealings with 2.0 and all the heat T-Mobile got.  Then they got 1.6 instead of 2.1 yet the Cliq(same specs) got 2.1.

Like I said earlier.  Manufacturers know you will go after carriers.  They have nothing to fear as people will continue to blame carriers and continue to buy their products.

0 Likes
cansofspam
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK first, this is what 5 times you've said HTC thrill, do you even know who makes the thrill?

And just for argument's sake.... How many of those devices had press releases from the CARRIER indicating that the next software release would be coming at all and/or coming in a certain timeframe.

and again it doesn't matter if you want to call it a change log or a thesis. If that makes you feel better about it, do so. It makes ZERO difference with the context of my assertion.

Allow me to connect the dots for you:

1) the document is a real/true document from HTC

2) it shows that they've been working on ICS

0 Likes
shadowofnick

I talked with one of the Verizon reps in my area. She said that the Rezound update is next in line after they finish getting it out to the Razr. She said the Razr update has made it to around 60% of the phones. That's all the details I got from her.

0 Likes