Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Wildman
Legend

Basicallyevolve wrote:

No mods at all. Just unlocked bootloader from HTC site. Thats it.

You do know unlocking bootloader is still a unofficial modification.  Verizon and also Android does not support a device that has been modified like this, HTC reports this in their disclosure on the software and site.

You have to relock bootloader before you can do update..

0 Likes
letsrock927
Enthusiast - Level 1

It has arrived already!!! What do you think about it??

0 Likes
Basicallyevolve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I actually got it up and running last night,. Someone from the XDA forums helped me out for like 3-4 hours after almost every possible way to update failed lol.

Finally.....

Now wheres Jellybean.. this isnt fast enough after playing on my Nexus 7 lol!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Glad you got is updated..  Don't hold your breath on Jelly Bean because it may be a minute..

http://translatingheaven.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/guy-holding-breath.jpg

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Laughing 2

0 Likes
das0527v2_0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting. My comment was removed...and I wasn't notified by a moderator. I wonder what happened. Oh well. What I said was:

I also want to say that finally pushing out the update doesn't clear Verizon & HTC of any accountability regarding such an extended delay with no communication. The day before the update rolled out I filed a complaint with the attorney general's consumer fraud department. It was unprofessional, unethical, and has convinced me that the only option is to switch carriers and only use Nexus devices. I'm counting the days till my contract with Verizon ends.

And one more thing -

Jellybean is not beyond their reach. But Verizon & HTC will never consider upgrading the Rezound past ICS. Deal with it, people.

>Post edited to comply with VZW ToS. Discussions concerning rooting, or software that is not the official release is not permitted on this site<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Don't be surprised if this one doesn't get removed also because you are discussing unofficial software that isn't allowed on this forum because the method to use things like this requires the user to void their warranty and also break TOS (Terms of Service) policies.

0 Likes
das0527v2_0
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not endorsing it - I'm just saying it's out there. I don't endorse eating deep fried bacon either but people do it, and it's a terrible idea.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I understand this but Verizon frowns on users discussing this subject on their forum...  Most average users do not know about subjects like this and they dont understand the consequences.

It just is wise not to open a door unless you know what you are walking into because when they investigate your suggestion and run into issues they think that they can come to the place that they receive the information to find a solution and this isn't allowed here either..

Not trying to tell you what to do but clarifying why you had your post probably removed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should know that if a user reports a post as abusive, the post in question is removed from general viewing until the moderator finishing their review of the post. I have seen it take a few minutes and up to a few days before a decision is made and the post is returned to the community.

This is just my observations of this community since it switched to the Jive platform in January this year.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes