ICS Update not reading SD Card
cocoapinay

I updated to ICS today and when I go to my photo gallery it says that there are no photos available. I was worried that somehow all my photos got wiped out. I loaded the sd on my pc and all of the photos are still there. Why is my phone now no longer displaying my pics in the gallery? Anyone else having this issue? Is there a new way to view these photos? please help!

0 Likes
Re: ICS Update not reading SD Card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I did have issue in the hour after I updated my Tbolt. However because it was late at night, I left the phone on and charging overnight. In the morning the Gallery had repopulated and displayed on my photos and videos saved on my SD card.

Give it some time to re-index the SD card for the ICS operating system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cocoapinay

Thank you! It's been a little over an hour for me but I will give it some time. I was afraid I'd have to do a factory reset. Other than that everything seems to be working fine.

0 Likes
byers07
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a pretty similar problem also.. It randomly does not connect to my sd card. Sometimes when I go into apps it will show "no apps" on the internal external sd card. If I hit "running apps" it seems to kick the apps into gear then they show up. But it's definitely buggy as to when it recognizes apps. And my battery life and ram have definitely gotten worse with the update. Also I just got the update a couple days ago. I'm pretty happy with it other than those few things. Oh and it also took away my contacts Facebook pics off my Handcent messaging and go contacts apps which is pretty disappointing. I hope they come up with a resolution to some of these issues.

0 Likes