ICS update missing power settings
njandtmp1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Question:

Since the ICS update, the power options are missing (high performance, normal, economy). Also the sleep feature. Does anybody know if the sleep option is available in ICS, or if there is a Play application that replaces the functionality.

0 Likes
Re: ICS update missing power settings
njandtmp1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Searching around the net I found this app. It appears that HTC disables the advanced Power setting for ICS. This app allows you to modify the settings. I just downloaded to test it out, hope it increases my battery life.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.logicvoid.powersaversettings&feature=search_result

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Those settings are not even on developer devices(Nexus Line).  I believe what you are look at is specifically tied to Sense and not the actual OS.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to as far as sleep, but if you go to Settings/Display, you can set the sleep time from 15 seconds to 10 minutes, or Never Turn Off.

As far as their power settings, I never liked their default Power Option settings and have always preferred to make the adjustments to my own preferences. However, I hope the app you found helps with what you want to do.

0 Likes
ICS update missing power settings
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I think they disabled those settings because they would affect other settings on the phone, and I could be confusing for users.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

I have found since update, my battery life is much better. I have not even thought to look for the power settings. You are right, they are not there.

0 Likes