Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade left no option for phone calls
moreshoes

Has anyone experienced this issue? My phone updated last night to ice cream sandwich. Afterwards, there was no option to actually make a phone call. Only the app button is left at the bottom of the front screen. I tried to change the theme and skin and everything- restarted, and it still does not show up. When you read the manual, it should be to the left of the app button at the bottom, with the option to personalize on the right. I can get to others in my phone by making them into quick contacts and putting them in as icons.

0 Likes
Re: Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade left no option for phone calls
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Go into your app drawer and find the phone app. Then long press it and drag it back to the homescreen dock.

0 Likes
moreshoes

No option for the phone app. The only thing I can add to the front as an app is contacts. Something happened with my upgrade as there is supposed to be a phone button but there is not!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There is no more dedicated phone button, it has instead been properly replaced by an app named "phone" who's icon is a green phone. If you can't find it, idk what to tell you, but it's supposed to be there and, unless you intentionally disabled it, it's going to show up in your app drawer.

0 Likes
moreshoes

Yes- I know what it is supposed to look like after reviewing the booklet on the update, but what I am saying is that is not included in my phone upgrade. I dont know what happened- but I have no more button to make a phone call, and now have to go through my contacts to find the phone button. It is also not in the app drawer. Any other options anyone else has?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Moreshoes!

Hmm. I know how upsetting it can be, when your phone application is missing. I'm going to get this resolved for you. Sometimes when an update is performed, some applications may not update properly. If your application is not showing in the app drawer, then I would recommend a Master Reset of the device. The Master Reset will completely erase the device, and repair any applications that may have not updated properly. I strongly suggest making sure the information on your device is backed up. Click here for instructions to master reset the phone http://bit.ly/tQ0nkT . Have a great day!

Pamelaf_vzw

0 Likes