If I get a Rezound now, will Android 4 eventually be pushed to it?
bobdc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like everything about the Rezound except the old Android release on it, and I see a lot of speculation about when Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) will be available for it. http://www.htc.com/www/help/android4faq/?cid=android4blog looks promising as far as this happening by the end of next month, but if I buy one with Android 2 on it, can I assume that Verizon will eventually push 4 to it? Or is that something that I should not take for granted?

0 Likes
Re: If I get a Rezound now, will Android 4 eventually be pushed to it?
Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

chances are its being updates to ICS in the next few upcoming weeks . the phone is amazing you not be disappointed in it at all .

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I wouldn't assume anything, other than what is available now, but I can say that it is being worked on, and should be available soon. As a general rule, don't purchase any phone (or anything else for that matter) that isn't satisfactory in it's current condition.

0 Likes
hova
Enthusiast - Level 1

It will be recieving 4.0 starting 6/30.  Also since the phone is 7 months old I would wait until its on sale either for 50$ or 0$(wirefly or amazon are some of the cheaper places to get one) or get one of the newer droid if you're going to pay regular price.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Where did you get that information?

0 Likes
bobdc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you heard anything more about this now that it's after 6/30? http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP... still says that the Rezound comes with Gingerbread. The online "chat" help person on verizonwireless.com was clueless.

0 Likes