Re: Interesting way to put the status on the update....
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

GreenRobot wrote:

gina7289 wrote:
Not true so many are getting it each day. HTC said it might be out that it identifiable there update. Don't get discouraged. I just replaced mine and it works better w/ or without update.

If it's not true then why did HTC email me exactly what I quoted? Why when I was on the phone with VZW tech support saturday did  the tech also say the update is not being rooled out?  If many are getting it lets see a screen shot.... Why did you just replace yours? 

I would like to confirm that the software update for the HTC Thunderbolt has been released and is being sent systematically to all our HTC Thunderbolt customers. You will (or perhaps already have) receive a message indicating the update is ready for download. For details about this software update and instructions to install, please visit the link below:

HTC Thunderbolt Update

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Does that mean there is a compatible MyVerizon app available for the Thunderbolt? The market shows it as still

"My Verizon Application currently not available on HTC Thunderbolt.".  Where do I, as a stock unrooted customer, get this app?
If it's still not available just exactly how did this update

"+ Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more." ?

I'd like to check my account usage status without having to go through a browser Kinda like my wife has been able to do on her Verizon iPhone since DAY ONE!
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

RobB772 wrote:

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Does that mean there is a compatible MyVerizon app available for the Thunderbolt? The market shows it as still

"My Verizon Application currently not available on HTC Thunderbolt.".  Where do I, as a stock unrooted customer, get this app?

"+ Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more." ?

I'd like to check my account usage status without having to go through a browser Kinda like my wife has been able to do on her Verizon iPhone since DAY ONE!

You're upset that there isn't a compatible MyVerizon app for the Thunderbolt? That's understandable, but it is obvious you didn't do your research before purchasing the phone. If that was such an issue for you, why didn't you do some checking online about the product?

When did the Thunderbolt come out... March 17th? Somewhere around there? There are posts on here TWO DAYS LATER (yes, March 19th) complaining/explaining that there is NO compatible MyVerizon app. Now, you either didn't do your research at all, or you jumped the gun and either pre-ordered it (thus, accepting any potential bugs it may have) or got it as soon as you could without checking to see if it would fit your needs. Either way, that is your fault for purchasing it without fully knowing what you would be using it for, and whether or not the device would support those needs.

That would be like if I purchased an iPhone 4 on Verizon, and got mad at Verizon for the fact that I couldn't call and browse the web (even though there are thoroughly explained posts on here on why you cannot)

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/My-Verizon-Mobile-is-not-supported-on-your-device/m-p...

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

vereyezuhn wrote:

RobB772 wrote:

AntonioC_VZWSupport

You're upset that there isn't a compatible MyVerizon app for the Thunderbolt? That's understandable, but it is obvious you didn't do your research before purchasing the phone. If that was such an issue for you, why didn't you do some checking online about the product?

When did the Thunderbolt come out... March 17th? Somewhere around there? There are posts on here TWO DAYS LATER (yes, March 19th) complaining/explaining that there is NO compatible MyVerizon app. Now, you either didn't do your research at all, or you jumped the gun and either pre-ordered it (thus, accepting any potential bugs it may have) or got it as soon as you could without checking to see if it would fit your needs. Either way, that is your fault for purchasing it without fully knowing what you would be using it for, and whether or not the device would support those needs.

That would be like if I purchased an iPhone 4 on Verizon, and got mad at Verizon for the fact that I couldn't call and browse the web (even though there are thoroughly explained posts on here on why you cannot)

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/My-Verizon-Mobile-is-not-supported-on-your-device/m-p...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The upsetting thing about the MyVerizon app is the fact that it's a simple little app that could be easily made to operate on the Thunderbolt. 16 year old kids modify and make their own custom roms and Verizon wireless can't get an app to work on their biggest badest new phone thats weak. Yes the Thunderbolt came out on the 17th and thats when I ordered mine add overnight shipping, activation and a few days to explore the device and yes by the time we figured out the app doesn't work someone wrote that post you gave us a link to. You seem a little condescending about us Thunderbolt owners not doing our research and saying it's our fault for not waiting for others to be the guinea pigs but how about this piece of research involving Skype mobile w/ video..

check out this link of a Verizon rep showing customers at an event ( prerelease ) showing the Skype mobile w/ video app

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlNvWrXyrcc

Now where is the skype app that was demonstrated at events and on the web for all to see???  

As for your comparison to the Iphone4 and not being capable of calling and web at the same time that information was all over the web for us android lovers to soak up and point our fingers at those in line buy their VZW iphones. Also not every consumer has time to hunt down and read a forum post about a feature that Apple loves to show us on their iphone commercials. 

Finally there are a few more items of the update that didn't improve. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with VZW and HTC trying to figure out lost connection issues and that bug was supposed to have improved, False text notifications, and long wait time for gps to get a location.

Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator™  = FAIL

SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging   = FAIL

Enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon network   = FAIL

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/thunderbolt.pdf

We are just getting a tired of waiting to see if VZW will deliver.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

hey vereyezuhn,

I didn't promise that the MY Verizon app would be "included" in the OTA fix, VERIZON DID.! I'm just looking for them to live up to their published promise. I did do what any consumer would consider due diligence BEFORE I bought my device. A consumer should be able to expect a service provider to provide what they publish. In many instances Verizon over promised and underdelivered when it comes to the Thunderbolt. Remember they were and still are promoting this as the phone after your dream phone.

Perhaps your phonetic login name says volumes about you.:smileytongue:

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

GreenRobot wrote:

Now where is the skype app that was demonstrated at events and on the web for all to see???  

Wow. Really? http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Swipe/td-p/477892

You can download Swype. It's perfectly compatible with the HTC Thunderbolt.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

RobB772 wrote:

hey vereyezuhn,

I didn't promise that the MY Verizon app would be "included" in the OTA fix, VERIZON DID.! I'm just looking for them to live up to their published promise. I did do what any consumer would consider due diligence BEFORE I bought my device. A consumer should be able to expect a service provider to provide what they publish. In many instances Verizon over promised and underdelivered when it comes to the Thunderbolt. Remember they were and still are promoting this as the phone after your dream phone.

Perhaps your phonetic login name says volumes about you.:smileytongue:

Yep, says I couldn't think of a name to use, and I'm smart enough not to use my ACTUAL name on the internet.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

vereyezuhn wrote:

GreenRobot wrote:

Wow. Really? http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Swipe/td-p/477892

You can download Swype. It's perfectly compatible with the HTC Thunderbolt.

swype and skype are 2 completely different things

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
And too close in name apparently. :smileywink:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Obviously vereyezuhn doesn't want to read before posting......he just wants to argue.

As to the MyVerison mobile question I had , I received a call and follow-up email from a very courteous, albeit uninformed, Data Technical Support rep who informed me  

"At this time I am unable to give you a date when new software would be available for your Thunderbolt the software is sent from the manufacture of the device."

Wouldn't it be refreshing if customer service actually learned the product instead of providing "canned" answers that make them look bad. This wasn't a cold call where the rep had to answer off the cuff, it was a call back to an email to customer service so they should have (and could have) done some work upfront before answering.

0 Likes