Is 4G service out?
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Been stuck on 1X...... Wouldn't it be nice if when the new G network is experiencing problems the phone fell back to 3G instead of all the way back to 1X:smileymad: Why????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is 4G service out?
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Closing thread because 4G service is back

View solution in original post

0 Likes
odstegall

I've been stuck on 1x since I woke up at 4:30AM. I'm just hoping it's a network thing because I"m on my 2nd Thunderbolt already.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, I've been stuck on 1X this morning too and I don't even have 4G in my area yet. Might be an issue with eHPRD.  Guess I'll try ##778 and switch rev A to enabled to see if that does anything.  

0 Likes
Jwyatt

I have been on 1x all morning too. Between my phone jumping from 3G/ to 4G lately (in places I got all bars of 4G on the first couple of weeks), and now this 1x It's really getting annoying.

0 Likes
nrhareiner

This is not just on the thunderbolt.  Also have the VL600 4G modem with the same problem this AM.  Not sure why or when it is going to be corrected.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yup.  Looks like it's an eHPRD issue.  Enabling Rev A got 3G back. http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/72724-problems-3g-data-dont-hard-reset-read-first.ht...

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

If you "force" it to connect to 3G how will you know if the 4G network is back up? :mansurprised: Ya can't count on Verizon stepping up and notifying us, except when it comes to notifying you your bill is ready:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Fractal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Washington D.C. here.  Stuck on 1X with very brief 4G connections.

Does anyone know of a 4G status dashboard anywhere?  Kind of like what Google has here (http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en)?

0 Likes
dcsphoto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also stuck on 1X in Central NJ and  even in NYC.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Verizon twitter finally acknowledges the problem. 

VerizonWireless Verizon Wireless 
We're aware of an issue with #4G #LTE connections & our network engineers are working to resolve quickly. Will update here.
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

0 Likes