Issue with hotspot and iPad
budone
Legend

I received my new (used) iPad2 last week and it seems to cause the TB to go flaky.

When using the hotspot,  my laptop my connection is fine. However using the iPad, after 5 minutes, there is no response. When I look at the TB, what I see is the 3G icon, up arrow, down arrow, no arrows, 3G icon gone. Then the 3G icon comes back, up arrow, down arrow, both arrows, no 3G icon..... in a constant loop.

I reset my connection with the airplane mode method, reconnect and good for 5 minutes tops, before it happens again.

Ideas?????

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Issue with hotspot and iPad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey budone! You've described the signal indicator on the TB. I'm curious to know how the fluctuation impacts the connection itself. Does it slow or improve in accordance with the fluctuation? Have you tried the iPad with non-Hotspot WiFi service?

Dion M
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Issue with hotspot and iPad
budone
Legend

An update. For the issue happening every 5 minutes, that is corrected. MikeS suggested changing the router channel from Auto to a specific channel. that worked.

However I am in a 4g service area today and I lost my connection 9 times in one hour.   Each time I had a notice in my notification bar that, 'A change in the SIM card was detected.

I think this is the reason for all the complaints. The VZW system, SIM card, and phone no longer sync.  When I reset via Airplane mode, once a connection is re established, The message is shown again when the syncing is complete.

0 Likes