Just started rebooting randomly April 2012
elecgtrmn

I was reading everyone's problem with TB reboots for half an hour, looking for answers. Was very surprised they were all from 2011 and my issues started about a month ago. Also, a big selling feature to me was FM Radio, a built in HTC app. It is completely broken and just recycles until I kill it. There seems to be no updates available. I'm on Thunderbolt  2.11.605.9, Andriod 2.3.4.      

Additionally, the HTC bloatware that runs in the background is getting worse not better. I don't use HTC's News, Stocks, Flickr, Blockbuster, Bitbop, Slacker, and all 8 or so of the Verizon apps. I Can't stop them from running in the background and can't uninstall them. My battery is starting drain more quickly lately. The phone is 10 months old and I can not go back to Motorola for over a year.

Is there anything going on in the last month or so that would cause this crap to start messing with the TB? It was a decent phone with a great screen until recently. It's becoming a problem and I'd like to fix it before it becomes a nightmare

0 Likes
Re: Just started rebooting randomly April 2012
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your phone system up to date?  Go to settings > about phone

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
elecgtrmn

You obviously did not read my post. Not only did I say it was up to date in

the post, I posted the version number of Thunderbolt software and Android

software.

Since I posted that on the forum, the phone dumped out into a reboot every

45 seconds cycle. I had the battery out for a half hour, tried again and

got the same recycle. I'm pulling the battery out for 3 hours and will try

again at lunch.

Since this is a documented HTC problem and it looks like I need to replace

this, I will switch to Motorola.

mc

0 Likes
elecgtrmn

Continuing on the next day...... The alarm woke me at 5 AM as planned. At 6:30 at work I looked down to check the time and it is in a reboot cycle, every 45 seconds or so. The only way it stopped was unexpectedly being asked if I wanted a "factory reset". So I said yes. Same result.  I've had the battery out for almost 4 hours, put it back in with the same result. By the time I'm off work, the stores will be closed in the LA area. By the time they reopen I'll be in Phoenix on a tour. If I can get some options here or via email which you seem to have, that would certainly be appreciated.

0 Likes