Keep my Thunderbolt or return it??
Mag10286

I got the Thunderbolt 10 days ago and so far I HATE it!!  Well, I love the screen and android over Iphone, but this phone has so many issues!

First, the battery thing is NOT a rumor. I stopped using my phone as much as I used to and I still charge it 4 times a day. Literally!

Second, I will not text using anything except Swype now. Although it is not pre-installed, I installed it myself. However, I can not use it in HTCs messaging (because of a reported bug that will not allow auto spacing) I had to get used to using handcent and even then it freezes. Whenever I restart my phone I have to disable Swype and then turn it back on or else it doesnt work. Every single time!

And my last major issue is the speaker phone. I use it a lot because my kids keep my hands occupied, however, it does not seem to be as loud on the TB as it was on my Droid.

I thought maybe mine was just defective, but after reading reviews, I'm not so sure.

Has anyone else had these problems?? Is there any ways to solve them?? Or should I just go ahead and make the return??

0 Likes
Re: Keep my Thunderbolt or return it??
cmsjarhead

To be perfectly honest if you hate your phone right out of the box then your not going to like it long term.  Unfortunately this isn't an arranged marriage that your obligated to live with.

That said I have had my TB for approximately a week now and coming from the Incredible I really like it.  Yes it has battery issues (knew that when I got the phone)but, I have installed a Seidio 1700mAh battery which now provides me with about 7.5+ hrs of heavy use. 

Today I was on the phone for at least 2.5 hours, received about 120 emails, replied to about 20 or so using the phone, I use my phone for business so its set up for constant push sync.  I was nailed up to the 4G/LTE network all day as well but, no surfing.

I  also use my phone with a Bluetooth headset, nice little device if your hands are full, throughout the day which saves a little on the battery not using the speaker phone.  I just checked my battery and I still have 43% left.

If you like swype then get a Motorola phone, there's a new one coming out in a few weeks that's also 4G, I will guarantee it will have a its own set of issues...

I also own an iPhone for personal use and like it for its own set of capabilities.

Bottom line there are plenty of option out there that should not require to settle...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

4 times a day?  That would require never turning the screen off.  May have a bad battery.

As for Swype, which version are you using?  I'm using the version for the Evo and it works flawlessly with Handcent.

The speaker is meh.  You either need to have it turned wide open or lift the kickstand whenever you want to use it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you say you hate it... return it... why be stuck with something you hate?

0 Likes
Mag10286

I mostly hate it because of those 3 issues..

I hated my droid for the first month because I was so used to my blackberry.  I am mostly looking for information on how to fix the issues I have and see if anyone else was in the same situation as me.. Purchasing that Seidio 1700mAh might not be a bad idea for me.  Also, i never really stopped to look and see that the kick stand is blocking the speaker. I also read to turn 4G off to save battery life.  That could potentially fix 2 of my issues right there. I have only had the phone 10 days so I guess I shouldnt really be saying I "hate" it.  I actually LOVE the display, it's just all the other hiccups that are frustrating me. Plus, I think I am trying to force myself to like it, because now that I have something new, it will be hard to go back to my old phone.

0 Likes
kizzle53

What is the webite that you seen the Seidio 1700mAh? im interested

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You said :

Mag10286 wrote:

I got the Thunderbolt 10 days ago and so far I HATE it!!

If you said that as your first line then it's best to return it.

0 Likes
bobwhitlow

There is a toll free verizon "sales" number, I mis-placed it. (Not the 922-0204). It will allow customers to upgrade when within 6 months on renewal.

Does anyone have it?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Likes
cmsjarhead
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

their really isn't enough of a difference between the stock 1400mAh and the 1600mAh extended battery to justify the expense.  I think a couple reviewers managed to get maybe 20 more minutes of use and Seido is notorious for their batteries not matching the actual rating they claim.

0 Likes