Kickstand
dittman

My kickstand doesn't sit flush on the end that has the hinge.  This makes it difficult to get the case I bought on and off since it catches at the kickstand.

Is it normal for the kickstand to be elevated on the side that pivots, or should it be flush all the way across?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kickstand
Wildman
Legend

From your discription I will say no it shouldnt, the edge should be flat so I would say it may be wise to take to a local store and see what they can do for you.  Maybe a tech can adjust it for you..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

From your discription I will say no it shouldnt, the edge should be flat so I would say it may be wise to take to a local store and see what they can do for you.  Maybe a tech can adjust it for you..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

while mine is not totally flush, it is as flush on the hinge side as it is on the othe end (neither end is completely flush on mine)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Mine is flush to the back of the phone. Although I can't tell most of the time since I rarely use the phone without a case.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dittman

They weren't able to do anything about the kickstand in the store so they ordered a replacement phone.  I should have it Friday.

The phone will be a refurb but I'm not worried about that.

I just have to figure out the best way to back everything up from my current phone and restore to the new phone.  I've seen recommendations for Titanium Backup and My Backup Pro.  I'll give them a try.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Titanium Backup is only for root devices, MyBackup should work for you..

Another option to check is located at http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Apps/Simple-way-to-Backup-apps-for-Hard-Reset/td-p/658707

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like to me Wildman the ones that engineered the kickstand part of the device was on there lunch breaks when they desighed it.  i heard more than once the device had to be replace because of it. if it was mine i figure a way to take

it off for good if would'nt Void warrenty. I do however like the way the T-bolt is maid on the front side.

Wildman i wanted to add the keyboard looks neet i seen one of your pics an did you say one of your apps is Photo Bucket. its an app in the Market right. is it a good one.

0 Likes
dittman

Wildman wrote:

Another option to check is located at http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Apps/Simple-way-to-Backup-apps-for-Hard-Reset/td-p/658707

I discovered that issue with Titanium Backup last night.

I noticed with all the other options I've looked at (including the one you linked above), only apps are backed up, not data.  Is there anything that backs up the data?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

dittman wrote:

Wildman wrote:

I discovered that issue with Titanium Backup last night.

I noticed with all the other options I've looked at (including the one you linked above), only apps are backed up, not data.  Is there anything that backs up the data?

not that i'm aware of. i'm prtty sure only rooted devices can back up everything.

0 Likes
dittman

Just as an update, the new Thunderbolt has a relatively flush kickstand so I can get the case on and off easily.

The backup and restore didn't go well.  I really wish application data could be backed up and restored easily.

The bad news is the past couple of days I've had alerts that the SD card was removed which requires ejecting and reinserting the SD card, so I think there's a problem with the new phone so I'll have to contact support.  I've checked the SD card in an external reader and don't have any issues there, and after I reinsert the card it works for a while.

0 Likes