LATEST UPDATE KILLED MY PHONE
swimom202

Received notice of upgrading this morning and about 1 minute after the upgrade started, my phone shut down and will not turn back on.  Nothing works...not even the charge light,.   After talking to online support, I traveled 30 miles to the nearest store as they suggested only to be told they would have to order me a replacement phone which I will receive in 3 or 4 days.  They would not supply me with a replacement, and I have only had this phone for about 1 month.     TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE......especially for us customers who have been with them for 20+ years.  I will be taking my business elsewhere as soon as my contract is up.

Oh, btw....did I mention that my "replacement" phone will be a refurbished one....not a new one?

0 Likes
Re: LATEST UPDATE KILLED MY PHONE
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

When you are under warranty the phones that are replaced are reconditioned.  That's what is covered when you accept the terms and conditions.  You can go directly through your phone manufacturer but you have to send them the phone so you are without a phone for about a week and a half to two weeks so the replacement is usually a better option.  Since you have been a customer for a long time..do you have a spare phone you can temporarily activate?  Yes the updates that android release are supposed to help but sometimes it can crash the phone...i know it doesn't help but hopefully you have a spare you can activate.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Everything you described is exactly how Verizon's agreement with you (the contract you signed) lays it out. They handled it exactly hire they were supposed to.

0 Likes
njandtmp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Although it may be exactly how it is worded in the agreement (contact) does not mean that is how is should be handled. That is just the bare minimum that Verizon has to do. But to keep the customer happy, they should offer more than the bare minimum.

I had the same issue with my Rezound. It just would not power on, or charge. Went in to an actual Verizon Wireless store (not a 3rd part that uses the Verizon name) and they supplied me with a loaner since the phone was still under warranty. I guess I just got lucky.

Like you I do not plan to stay with Verizon after my contract expires, but for different reasons. I am leaving because I will lose my unlimited data (unless google makes a new Nexus that works on Verizon, so that I can afford to pay full price for the phone).

0 Likes