Loading Text Message Issues...
greggabrio

When I select the sms conversation for one of my contacts, the loading screen comes up and continues to load but never shows the messages.  It never finished loading.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Loading Text Message Issues...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi greggabrio,

Messages are very important so I want to make sure you're able to access them. I would first encourage you to check the number of conversations you have in the message application. The more conversations, the more memory being used. It's recommended to delete the conversations so that you allow other items in the phone to function properly. The normal amount of messages per conversation is 200 messages so make sure to have your setting made appropriately. Go to Messages -> Menu -> Delete old messages should be checked -> Text message limit should be around 200.

If these settings are already correct and the trouble continues, please reboot the phone by pulling the battery and leaving out for 30 seconds. Reinsert battery and power up device. Please let us know if these options worked for you.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
theb1gsteve

I'm having the same issue. When I try open a text message conversation the screen just displays the loading icon and keeps loading, but never opens the conversation. I've tried restarting it, powering it off, and taking out the battery. So far, nothing has helped.

0 Likes
jaw81

I have been having these same issues and it is really making me angry as I really need to get to my messages.  I have tried everything you listed. 

0 Likes
theb1gsteve

jaw81 - I went through my messages and started deleting large and old conversations. The problem cleared up as soon as I did that. Now my texts are sending/receiving much more quickly than before and my phone has stopped freezing. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
jaw81

I've been trying to do that, but I can't find a way to delete old messages from an individual without deleting ALL messages from them.  Am I overlooking the way to do that?  Thanks for responding!

0 Likes
theb1gsteve

You have to get into your message conversation. Hit menu, then "more," then "delete", then "delete by selection." From there you can choose certain sent and received messages to delete from the convo without deleting the whole thing.

0 Likes
jaw81

Thank you!!!!!!

0 Likes