Location of Charging port
Debbers

If I use the kick stand I cannot plug the battery charger into the phone.  If I turn the phone over the kick stand collapses under the weight of the charger cable.  Design flaw?

0 Likes
Re: Location of Charging port
AZSALUKI
Legend

yes and no. they put it there so you can dock it (once they begin selling the dock for it). if they had put it anywhere else the people would complain that there's no way to dock it (which, if you are going to use it heavily as a media device, would be the best way).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They would even complain about how they couldn't adjust the volume.

It'll always be a catch 22 somewhere.  Sometimes you have to give up a little to get a little.  Sure they could have done it like the Evo, but the Evo has different hardware which could change the design of any device.

0 Likes
Robrecht
When I'm using the stock charging cable, it is just stiff enough to provide an extra bit of support to allow me charge the phone while in upside-down landscape mode while watching videos. Would have been better if HTC had used a stronger spring in the kickstand but this does work.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Only issue with going that way is that not every app rotates to the right.  Angry Birds is one that comes to mind and is only left rotation.

0 Likes