Re: Looks Official Ginbread 2.3.4 on June 30th
AZSALUKI
Legend

i signed up for the iphone info.....never got an email. i signed up for the tbolt info. they emailed to to announce it's release......about 5 days after it was on shelves......lol.

0 Likes
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the interests of sowing additional confusion, there are some other Thunderbolt forums now saying July 7th for the GB update.

Go figure.

0 Likes
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

TominqueBo_VZW wrote:

Hello AZSALUKI,

At this moment there is no release information for the GB update for the Thunderbolt.  You can navigate to this link https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV to sign up for updates. Thank you. 

VZW guys: For the love of Odin, if you can't contribute something of real value, just don't post anything.  All you are doing is ticking people off with stuff like that.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Although I know I'm probably not the first person to observe this, but isn't it ironic that a company that promotes communication doesn't seem to know how to communicate properly?  I will include HTC in this as well.

0 Likes
nathang
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sigh....Once again, android users have to rely on the Android Dev Community to get anything done.

MR2 update.....rely on the dev community to fix problems created by HTC and VZW.

Gingerbread.....dev community has had the GB ROM out for a good while now.

Sense 3.x.....you guessed, dev community already has a port for it when it was said it couldn't be done.

0 Likes
Re: Looks Official Gingerbread 2.3.4 on June 30th
nathang
Enthusiast - Level 3

Search for the MR2 leaked update.  You don't even need to root your phone to do it and it fixes the rebooting issue.

0 Likes
Re: Looks Official Gingerbread 2.3.4 on June 30th
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

nathang wrote:

Search for the MR2 leaked update.  You don't even need to root your phone to do it and it fixes the rebooting issue.

Saw that weeks ago. Couldn't get the bootloader thing to work (Volume down/Power)...

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Community,

Thank you so much for your questions and concerns in relation to Gingerbread software becoming available.

This update is coming; at this time, we still do NOT have a specific date.

HTC & Verizon want to ensure that the update is working properly when it is released. 

0 Likes
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. Everybody else has apparently had it working for weeks, but we'll wait. What else can we do?

0 Likes
vinnyp61

Haha Verizon same ole same ole

0 Likes