Manage contacts
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

I'd like to be able to manage my contacts on my desktop computer rather than fool with the Tbolt screen.  I tried using the HTC Sync software, but I can't get it to recognize the phone when I plug it in, and I'm not sure that's the solution anyway.  What I want to do is just be able to manage my contacts (save, edit, delete, etc) using my computer and save my work to the phone.  Suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Manage contacts
AZSALUKI
Legend

chuckwilmot wrote:

That last post is probably as close to a solution as I'm likely to get.  I can set the view to the Google account, and manipulate the contacts in my Gmail from my PC.  Still not what I wanted, which was to manipulate the cellphone's list from my PC.  Thanks to all the posters.

if you want to manipulate the cell phone's list (not google) then sync it to your "my verizon" account, using backup assistant and you can do the same thing....from the pc, make changes in your contacts through your my verizon account. but this is what i was saying earlier.....choose one or the other to always use. otherwise sometimes you will update google and sometimes you will update the phone's contacts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Just sync them with gmail?

0 Likes
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

I like it, but I don't know how to do it.  I've opened both Gmail and People, and I don't see any menu choices to do that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you tried signing into your gmail account through a computer and gone to contacts section. You can also import contacts in a vcf or csv file format into the gmail contacts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

sign into your google account on a pc. they may already be there and you don't even realize it. if they aren't then go to menu-->settings-->accounts and sync-->google-->and make sure the "sync contacts" is checked

0 Likes
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

Viewing the Google Gmail account on a PC, I don't see any place to synch contacts with my phone.  I found the menu choice on the phone "accounts and synch" and did that.  Still no luck on getting them into the Gmail contacts.  I think I'm going to quit in frustration for the day.  Maybe it'll come to me later what I'm doing wrong!  Thanks for trying.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

There won't be any settings to change in the browser based version on your PC.  Any contacts in gmail will be synced with the phone assuming Contacts is checked under Accounts & Sync.  If you've created the contacts and stored them on the phone itself, you'll need to export to sd and then import them into gmail.  Go into People on your phone, hit the menu button and choose Import/Export.  Hit Export to SD Card and then Phone and hit OK.  Go into Import/Export again and choose Import from SD Card and choose Google.   To set it where only gmail contacts will appear, hit the menu buttons, then View, uncheck Phone and make sure Google is checked.  

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Download HTC sync to your pc and connect your Bolt using the provided USB cable.  You will see options to sync people to your PC.

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

It just dawned on me that what you were asking for was to edit contacts lol.  Sorry, not enough sleep lately.  Go into your gmail account on your pc, click on contacts, click on the name and it will give you edit options from there as well as a "notes" field.  Hope this helps, sorry for the other posts.

0 Likes