Massive Contact List
mdpnm

First day with TB.  Synched it to my Gmail account.  Well that has over 400 contacts in it, and I don't want them all on my phone. I expected I could import using groups, but it took everything.  So, can I delete contacts individually from the phone? Do I need to unsync all contacts and start over?  Gee this is complicated, but I really hate to have to scroll through such a long list to find most contacted people.  One last thought, if I can't delete, is there a way to put frequent contacts in some other folder or place?  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Massive Contact List
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mdpnm wrote:

First day with TB.  Synched it to my Gmail account.  Well that has over 400 contacts in it, and I don't want them all on my phone. I expected I could import using groups, but it took everything.  So, can I delete contacts individually from the phone? Do I need to unsync all contacts and start over?  Gee this is complicated, but I really hate to have to scroll through such a long list to find most contacted people.  One last thought, if I can't delete, is there a way to put frequent contacts in some other folder or place?  Thanks

Yes, you can sort by groups. When you open the People app, there is a row at the bottom of the screen. From left to right there is a "contact card", "two contact cards" aka Groups, "a globe" aka Online/Social directories, and your call history. In the Groups view, You can select a group to view only those in that group.  You can also rearrange the order of the groups.  Press the menu button and Rearrange.  Shift the most used groups up to the top and in the order of impartance.  My list shows a Frequent group that looks like it can be auto-populated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes