Mobile network failed
ibeejd

I got the Thunderbolt the day it was released and love it.....I have not had any problems until a few days ago regarding my mobile network. I try to access the internet/facebook/email and It says no connection. When I go into settings profile/wireless & networks I find under mobile network it says connection failed. If I uncheck the box then re-check it I see that it says connected. It only stays connected for a brief time then disconnects again........

Any help would be appreciated!!

J

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile network failed
Not applicable

This error seemed to be fairly frequent before the software update.  Have you seen any improvement after the update rolled out? Here is the link if you haven't checked for the update yet:  http://support.vzw.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html  I personally have a ThunderBolt, and I travel between 3G and 4G destinations pretty frequently.  After the software update, I seem to keep my connections more reliably.

I hope this fixes your issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ahmshooter

I've had the same problem.  I went back to the store I purchased the phone from, they did a master reset.  It worked for a week or so, but now it's back to dropping the network connection.

Any help would be nice.

0 Likes
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue!!  It's so frustrating!!  It all started right after the 4G outage.  I can use the HBO or iheartradio app for 10 minutes and then the 3G connection just goes out.  My phone used to be awesome before the outage.  Something just happened  to my phone, it's not the same as before.  Also, I've changed the setting to 3G only (for the past 1.5 months) since I don't have 4G where I live and like I said, it worked great until the outage.  I need to call VZW when my husband gets home since I only have my cell.  I'm not going to the store for just a master reset (the closest store is 30 min away), I want them to exchange the phone.  I hope someone can figure out how to fix this.

0 Likes
ibeejd

I am not really interested in a master reset. I have my phone set up the way I like and Id prefer a better solution. If you get to Verizon before I do (after work) please let me know what happens. Over on the Android forums on a another site multiple people are having the same issue as well.

Thanks for at least telling me I am not the only person trying to figure this out :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
steven5424

The exact same problem I have in my thread "3G connectivity with ThunderBolt". I hope Verizon has a fix for this soon. I was at my work today with perfect 4G coverage all day. I just got home, where I have only 3G coverage, and right now i have nothing until it decides to find it for a while and then lose it again.

0 Likes
Not applicable

There are some issues with the 3G signals happening on the ThunderBolt that new software will address.  In the meantime, removing and reseating the SIM card seems to help some customers re-establish their connections.  The website where you can follow the steps for the software update is http://support.vzw.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html

Thanks for your patience on these issues as we work towards a solid, dependable resolution. 

0 Likes
ibeejd

Thanks for the info. A battery reset and a sim reset do work for a few hours but then Im back to on and off mobile/internet connection. I have no problem getting txts ot phone calls....its just the internet. Frustrating to say the least. I am paying for a connection I cant use. Any idea on the time frame of the update? If its gonna be in the near future I will just wait it out......if not then Im headed to the store for a pro-rated refund on my service (or lack of) for the past 2 weeks......

Jamie

0 Likes
Not applicable

I can't really give you a timeframe ( I wish I could) for the update.  When I say that this is a top priority for Verizon to get this phone to quit dropping its data connections, I truly mean it.  It doesn't happen with all the phones, but enough to make it a top priority.  This has escalated as high as an issue can go, we are just waiting for that software to be pushed out.  We report these types of issues to HTC, and they collect any issues with the phone, develop patches with these issues addressed, and push 1 big update over the air.  Right now we are just waiting for that software update to get pushed out.  We know about the software being pushed out right before it actually gets sent but not any sooner.

Thanks for your patience again.

0 Likes
Wunderbolt

Any chance we'll get a free replacement battery cover after we break ours from resetting the sim card multiple times every day?

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
It's under the manufactures warranty they said. Anything on the phone has a one yr warranty or if u have extended warranty ur covered until u replace the phone with something else or get rid of the insurance. U need the insurance to get free overnight shipping.
0 Likes