Re: Mobile network failed
PINKFREAKINK

My Tbolt started doing this around 7:00AM this morning.  I received 1 text message and when I went to reply, I got Cause Code: 97 Error Code: 2... by 7:30 I had no connection via the mobile network and I'm basically dead in the water.

Frustrating.   Maybe this is what I get for staying with Verizon.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I got the internet problem and after 10 days they decided enough with waiting for the update I got a new sim chip and then they got me a replacement phone. Took a day because the system couldn't order it right away because the system didn't have the phone info. So they gave me free Saturday shipping. They were going to charge me for shipping but for all of the complaints they decided to give me more expedited shipping then overnight. It was Friday got it Saturday. Overnight it would have been Monday or Tuesday. New replacement policy w/shipping policy. Said it could have been standard snail mail 5 days. Thats why got insurance now that's easiest way to get overnight.
Stores now have to order replacements I guess. Not sure if I like change
0 Likes
achoo

I have been having the same issue where I am on a 3G network at home.  Then, I drive 30 minutes to work where there is 4G coverage and my phone completely loses data connection.  My phone keeps scanning for a network and never finds one.  The only way I've found to get it to work again is to reseat the SIM.  Seems like a really bad solution...

0 Likes
Not applicable

This error seemed to be fairly frequent before the software update.  Have you seen any improvement after the update rolled out? Here is the link if you haven't checked for the update yet:  http://support.vzw.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html  I personally have a ThunderBolt, and I travel between 3G and 4G destinations pretty frequently.  After the software update, I seem to keep my connections more reliably.

I hope this fixes your issue. 

0 Likes
ariboo1
I got my Thunderbolt right after the update and have already swapped it out for another one and it is still having the same connectivity issues. Very frustrating to pay to have mobile network all the time and not get it. My phone will constantly say 4G LTE with 4 bars and in the wireless settings it will say it is connected but it's not. I am almost DONE with Verizon...
0 Likes
troutmantimj

I just purchased the ThunderBolt phone and am having the same issues of connection failure. My phone has the most current update (it updated after I activated it).

Hopefully a solid, dependable resolution has been reached since May 2011?

Please advise.

Thanks

0 Likes
PATTERSON108

Verizon had me reseat my sim card today after random txt messages would fail and I would get a message that said "Network Error!" Error Code 3 Error Type 2. Craziness I hope Verizon gets a grip on there new 4G LTE soon!

0 Likes
docshar

I also have a seemingly perpetual problem with the network connection failure on my Thunderbolt. I'm unable to connect much more often than I am able to. Something's very wrong when I have to rely on my husband's iphone because my Thunderbolt is unable to connect. I just reseated the sim card; we'll see how long my newfound connection lasts.

0 Likes