More Post-Update Messages Issues
adarnold542

So we all know that, post-update, Messages will sometimes send a reply to a text message to someone else on one's messages list... which has happened to me.

Well, something different happened last night.  I was attempting to reply to a text message, but I was unable to click on the box to enter my message.  My phone then flashed at me, went black, came back up, danced around the messages screen, then called someone else (by itself) on the message list.  I didn't even know it had called someone until it was 7 seconds into the call, and the phone had locked itself (I had to unlock it) in the process.

I really have no idea what that was about.  Has anything similar happened to anyone else?  I really wish I knew what they decided to screw up in the Messages app... that was one of the things working just fine before the update.

0 Likes
Re: More Post-Update Messages Issues
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

My TB has, without any clues, stopped receiving MMS and SMS messaging. The only way I know it has done this is I'm sitting next to my wife who has an iPhone and her notification sound goes off. Usually I get "common" emails or SMS messages a few minutes before she does. The only way (quickest) to get back up is to power down and power back up, restart also works but takes longer and force closing mail app doesn't work. I also note my 4G has also dropped to 3G even though I've not moved 30 feet and I'm always in a strong 4G area (Rochester NY, one of the initial rollout 4G cities)

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

RobB772 wrote:

My TB has, without any clues, stopped receiving MMS and SMS messaging. The only way I know it has done this is I'm sitting next to my wife who has an iPhone and her notification sound goes off. Usually I get "common" emails or SMS messages a few minutes before she does. The only way (quickest) to get back up is to power down and power back up, restart also works but takes longer and force closing mail app doesn't work. I also note my 4G has also dropped to 3G even though I've not moved 30 feet and I'm always in a strong 4G area (Rochester NY, one of the initial rollout 4G cities)

this has happened to me 3 times (in 4 months).....and the only common thing is that the first sms that i missed (that i'm aware of) came from an iphone (same friend) each of the 3 times. i only knew i was missing them when my wife would call and ask why i wasn't responding. that friend has sent and recieved plenty of texts with me, but on three occasions, she texted, i didn't get it, and didn't get any for the next few hours, until i rebooted (also, nobody recieved my texts after my missed text from her iphone). i don't know if it's a coincidence.....but each of the three times, it started with a text from the same person, who happens to have an iphone????

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Azsaluki,

I understand your frustration with the messaging on your Thunderbolt, and how important it is to be able to send and receive messages. Are you still having this issue?

I would like to ask a couple of questions, if I may. I did check my resources and we are not showing what you describe as being a known issue with the device. 

-Are you using a third-party messaging application? (if so, please uninstall it and test the messaging again)

-Do you notice that this is only happening after an iPhone sends you a message? Has it happened with any other devices?

-Are you receiving your messages?

-Do you notice any sort of pattern at all with the messaging and when it starts?

Please let us know if this is still occurring, as we want to make sure that you are happy with your device. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
mjwells87
I am having all of these issues as well and as far as I can tell they are completely random. I have reset my phone, cleared all my data, and nothing has worked. It also does not seem to be a phone issue on the other end I.e. it happens whether I am texting to an iPhone or blackberry or another Android device. Can we please fix this soon so I do not tell my boss I love him please.
0 Likes