Multiple e-mail shortcuts (and a couple other noob questions)
ElsaSteve

I'm either not finding an answer on the forum or my searching stinks so please HELP!!

1.  Is there a way to have separate shortcuts for each e-mail account that I have?  Currently I have 3 comcast.net addys that all appear under mail (and obviously gmail is separate so no issue there).

2.  Is there a way to create a custom profile for ringtones and alerts?  I only see normal/vibrate/silent as my options.

3.  I really don't need 7 shortcut screens.  Is there a way to reduce this?

4.  Is there a way to save photos/videos that I take onto the internal HD and not the microSD?

5.  Is there a way to move photos from my old microSD onto my HD and then onto my new 32gb HD without utilizing my PC?  Just seems like that's a workaround and IMO there should be/needs to be a way to migrate user data from one external card to another without a PC or going into a store (both of these are solutions that I saw on the forum).  Ideally I would like to migrate my data from the old microSD onto the internal HD, then swap microSDs to the new/bigger one and move the data back (really only utilizing just the phone)

FWIW I've hunted around on Market and have seen a few file explorer apps, launcher apps, etc., to customize but wondering if any of the things that I'm wanting to do can be done with the out of the box Android OS before I start exploring add-on apps. 

THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multiple e-mail shortcuts (and a couple other noob questions)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
To ElsaSteve
To create a shortcut to each separate email account loaded into your MAIL app, long press an open space on your screen to open the personalize menu. Select shortcut. Scroll down to Mail inbox and select it. A new dialog box will appear with your saved email address accounts listed. Select the email address you want to create a shortcut for. Repeat as necessary to get all of your accounts as a shortcut.

Everything else that was mentioned above is correct.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello ElsaSteve. I. You will not have the option to setup separate shortcuts for each of your email accounts. 2. There is also no option creating a custom profile for ringtones and alerts. 3. The shortcut screens can not be reduced. 4.  Recorded video and pictures taken can only be saved to the SD card. 5. Files can not be moved from SD Card to SD Card without utilizing a PC. 

Thanks, 

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
To ElsaSteve
To create a shortcut to each separate email account loaded into your MAIL app, long press an open space on your screen to open the personalize menu. Select shortcut. Scroll down to Mail inbox and select it. A new dialog box will appear with your saved email address accounts listed. Select the email address you want to create a shortcut for. Repeat as necessary to get all of your accounts as a shortcut.

Everything else that was mentioned above is correct.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes