My HTC Rezound randomly shuts off, how do I prevent this from happening?
bunnytofu

Hey guys,

So I just bought my HTC rezound last week and  I already have some issues with it. I don't know why, but I find that the device shuts off by itself randomly when its on standby. I don't know if its a setting that I can change... or if its an issue with the hardware... or anything... I'm not really familiar with how these tpyes of phones run, so i'm not sure how to fix this problem. I would appreciate any adivce on how to go about fixing this problem. Thank you

0 Likes
Re: My HTC Rezound randomly shuts off, how do I prevent this from happening?
thurston

I'll be honest I can't help you with this if it's a serious hardware or software issue. But you said you aren't familiar with these "types of phones".

Im not trying to be rude but also we shouldn't make any assumptions. So I want to make sure. If you hit the power button once, does the screen light up at all? Is it actually off? do you have to pull the battery to get it back on? Are you fully charged

Verizon has released an update recently that COULD be the cause of the problem. There is no setting to turn it off, but there is a setting to go into sleep mode, where it essentially won't respond to the volume buttons.

On my rezound, when it goes to standby it goes black. One click of the power button brings the light on, and then i slide to unlock.

I know I didn't help but Just wanted to identify the problem a bit more.

0 Likes
bunnytofu

Hi, Thank for the response. This is my first smart phone so that is why I said that i'm not familiar with these "types of phones." Sorry I didn't give a better description of the problem in the first place. So I know when the phone is on and you "tap" the power button the screen lights up again. Thats fine. The problem is when I leave the phone alone and I come back and I "tap" the power button and nothing happens. I try tapping again and the phone starts to power up and turn on as if I had turned off the phone in the first place. I do not have to remove the battery and reinsert it for the phone to power back up.The battery is also fully charged. Last night I had plugged the charger in to charge the phone overnight.When I woke up, I found that my alarm hadn't gone off and then I discovered that the phone wasn't even on. I try looking at the "sleep mode" under the "power" section of the Settings. Under "Enable sleep mode," it was on automatic with the settings "sleep mode start: 11:00am" and "sleep mode: 6am." So, I have now turned off the sleep mode and so far the phone hasn't turned off by itself since this morning. However, yesterday, the phone turned off by itself about three times throughout the day.

I hope this helps.

Thanks again

0 Likes
Not applicable

bunnytofu,

I apologize your new phone is not working properly. I recommend running the device in safe mode for a few hours to see if it continues to happen. Safe mode allows the phone to run without any applications from the Market run, as to test if its a app causing this concern. If it does not continue to shut off then it's best to perform a hard reset or uninstall any recently downloaded or updated applications. Please advise more progress so I and the community can assist further.

Thank you!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes