My Rhyme Overheats and the Battery Life Stinks.
Koumori18

I just got the HTC Rhyme during upgrade time about 2 weeks ago.

This is my very first smart phone ever.

All in all I love it, but I have been having some problems that started a couple days after I had been using my phone.

You see, my phone will begin to over heat, quickly, if I use any apps or while it is sitting on the charging dock.

It will actually become too hot to hold if I am not careful.

I am aware its summer and the air is humid and hot, but this seems a little crazy when I am barely using it for anything.

I have also had some troubles with it freezing and refusing, then, to shut down.

And with how short a full battery charge lasts, 'specially if it becomes over heated.

What I am asking is if these things are normal for this phone or if I should return it because it is faulty in some way.

0 Likes
Re: My Rhyme Overheats and the Battery Life Stinks.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Koumori18, you bring up some great questions and I definitely do want you to continue enjoying your phone. It is normal for the phone to heat up slightly when using certain applications or charging, but it shouldn't be so hot that you can barely touch it. Check to see what applications are running in the background by going to Settings, Applications, Running Services. Close the ones you aren't using. Also, here are some additional battery saving tips. http://bit.ly/LqWPcB

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kindabigdanno

My daughter's Rhyme has battery issues as well.  If you charge it overnite, it will end up having less "juice" than when the charge started.  Got a new charge cord and block at my handy dandy Verizon store, but didn't help.  Uses an app buddy to keep power use down on unused apps.  Seems to charge better on the PC or car charger, but phone still goes from 80% to 15% in a couple hours tops.  Me thinks we need a new phone?  

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

That battery saver is probably the culprit. All apps use power and some poorly designed ones use more power than they save you. Try removing the app and see if battery life increases. Also, I looked at the history of that App and it doesn't look like it gets updated very frequently and may not be up to par with GB or ICS.  My advice, dump App Buddy.

0 Likes
steviewencha
Enthusiast - Level 3

First I would suggest checking your Accounts and Sync setting.  Background data/Syncing will drain your battery pretty fast.  I have mine unchecked and I still have battery at the end of the day, even into the next day before I decide to charge it.  If I have the data sync checked, my battery drains quick and I am lucky to make it through the day.  For this reason, I choose to leave it unchecked unless I need it for an app or the market or whatnot, but I make sure to uncheck them when I am done using the app/program that needed it. I hope this helps.

Glendaasher
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issues....Thank for this suggestion ... I don't know if its the problem but I hope so! My phone has been acting up just the last couple of days . I don't remember having so many things synced before, so hopefully, this will solve the problem!

0 Likes
cleffew

I Just had a major overheating issue, So hot it was distressing, wouldnt charge all the way, wouldnt hold a charge for more than 4 hrs, so I tried something different, I let my phone die and turn itself off, and I let it sit overnight completely dead, then this morning, I brought my charger and my base station to work with me and let the phone charge up with the wall charger to full. When I checked it, It was totally cool, and now its holding a charge again, and when I put it on the base station it dosent overheat anymore either, weird right?, but whatever works I say, well see how long it lasts.

0 Likes
cleffew

I Just had a major overheating issue, So hot it was distressing, wouldnt charge all the way, wouldnt hold a charge for more than 4 hrs, so I tried something different, I let my phone die and turn itself off, and I let it sit overnight completely dead, then this morning, I brought my charger and my base station to work with me and let the phone charge up with the wall charger to full. When I checked it, It was totally cool, and now its holding a charge again, and when I put it on the base station it dosent overheat anymore either, weird right?, but whatever works I say, well see how long it lasts.

0 Likes