My Thunderbolt won't update
amc_1989

I was trying to use the my verizon app on my Thunderbolt to check my usage and it says it wants me to preform a firmware upgrade. I go and do that and it will download it to the phone and when it's done it will turn off. It will come back on and start updating until a triangle with a ! in the middle of it with the android guy below it comes on the screen. I have to clear the cache and reboot the phone or it will shut off everytime if I don't. I don't know what is going on. Has anyone on here have this happen to them before and is there a way to fix it. Please help. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: My Thunderbolt won't update
Wildman
Legend

A number of users reported diffrent issues with updating to the latest update, some suggest to disable 4G connection that worked for me and sometimes it ended up being a app installed blocking the upgrade..

Since your device ask for you to clear cache, have you tried that option?

Read at http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Still-no-Update/td-p/602792

0 Likes
amc_1989

Wildman wrote:

A number of users reported diffrent issues with updating to the latest update, some suggest to disable 4G connection that worked for me and sometimes it ended up being a app installed blocking the upgrade..

Since your device ask for you to clear cache, have you tried that option?

Read at http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Still-no-Update/td-p/602792

Well I clear the cache to be able to reboot the phone or it will keep shutting off. I will try what you did and see if it works.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Yeah its a strange one but it has helped with some....

0 Likes
amc_1989

Wildman wrote:

Yeah its a strange one but it has helped with some....

It still won't update. I don't know what to do.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There is always the full RUU file that you can manually install if you are desperate enough.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Full-OTA-update-for-a-clean-install-is-here/m-p/58480...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
amc_1989

Ann154 wrote:
There is always the full RUU file that you can manually install if you are desperate enough.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Full-OTA-update-for-a-clean-install-is-here/m-p/58480...

Will this fix my verizon. Cause it won't work. It now wants me to enter test information. My phone keeps making a notification noise when there isn't any notifications. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
That RUU file (MR2) will install the official version of the MyVerizon application that was released in the MR2 update.

I can't say if the app will work or not, because I have no reason to use the MyVerizon application. It is more bloatware that I would prefer not to have on my phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
amc_1989

Ann154 wrote:
That RUU file (MR2) will install the official version of the MyVerizon application that was released in the MR2 update.

I can't say if the app will work or not, because I have no reason to use the MyVerizon application. It is more bloatware that I would prefer not to have on my phone.

I will try that. Do you know how to make my notification sound go away. It will keep doing it and won't stop. Sometimes it will do it a few times at the same time. There is no notifications and it will still do it. Like if I unlock the phone after waiting a minute it will do it. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Not sure on the notifications, but after you install the RUU file it won't matter. That file will factory reset your phone and you will need to set it up again. That is why I mentioned if you are desperate enough.

0 Likes