Re: My Thunderbolt won't update
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
There is always the full RUU file that you can manually install if you are desperate enough.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Full-OTA-update-for-a-clean-install-is-here/m-p/58480...

:smileysurprised: I am really supprised Verizon didnt remove that link....   

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

heck, they left the one up for what was supposed to have been the original MR2 update but didn't solve the problem and was never pushed out so I'm sure there are some still stuck on that update.  Granted it's better for them to leave the new "official" one up since it probably helps them out as it wipes everything and cuts out a lot of potential problems.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The post didn't give any instructions and it doesn't necessarily break the warranty. :smileywink:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
amc_1989

Ann154 wrote:
The post didn't give any instructions and it doesn't necessarily break the warranty. :smileywink:

I can't even do that. I download it to the computer and it won't open. I have even wiped everything and still have problems with my verizon and the noises. It now turns off for no reason every hour now.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

you don't open it on your computer. You download the file, put it on your sdcard (make sure it's renamed PG05IMG.zip), power off, hold volume down+power to get into hboot and follow the on screen instructions.

0 Likes
amc_1989

PJNC284 wrote:

you don't open it on your computer. You download the file, put it on your sdcard (make sure it's renamed PG05IMG.zip), power off, hold volume down+power to get into hboot and follow the on screen instructions.

Thanks. I forgot to not open it. I am going crazy and losing my mind trying to figure out whats going on.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

The thing is a user without knowledge to using it can lead to some issues that Verizon wont help to correct because it isn't a official update pushed from them...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

And you think the phone reps are smart enough to know which you did?  I bet their OTAs cause more problems than manually flashing.  I do agree though that getting in a hurry and not reading instructions can get you in trouble but there isn't much you can mess up with the manual flash.  If you want to be 100% safe, download Astro File Manager from the market.  Open the app and navigated to the .zip file, long press and hit details, wait a little while until the md5 pops up and verify that it matches "MD5:  0e939335d3039a3723c095b33f8cc301".  This makes sure you don't have a corrupt/partial download.  Also verify that it the file name isn't .zip.zip (easy to do if you're using a windows pc).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Again if one is desperate enough...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
amc_1989

Ann154 wrote:

Again if one is desperate enough...

I'm at the bootloader. Do I stay there and the phone will reboot.

0 Likes