Re: My Thunderbolt won't update
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It should start searching files and then ask you to press volume up to flash.  When it's done, it'll ask to hit power to reboot. Sometimes you need to choose Fastboot in the menu.  If it does nothing, you likely don't have the file named correctly or it isn't on the root (top most, not in a folder) of your sdcard.

0 Likes
amc_1989

PJNC284 wrote:

It should start searching files and then ask you to press volume up to flash.  When it's done, it'll ask to hit power to reboot. Sometimes you need to choose Fastboot in the menu.  If it does nothing, you likely don't have the file named correctly or it isn't on the root (top most, not in a folder) of your sdcard.

I went to fast boot and it says bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader and power down. That probably means I did it wrong. I don't know where to put it on the sd card. I know you said at the top, but I tried that. I could be doing it wrong.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

how did you put it on there, via usb or did you download it on your phone? Choose reboot and when it boots, download Astro File Manager if you haven't already. Open astro and the file should you should be able to scroll down and see the file if it's in the correct location.  If you downloaded it on the phone, it's probably under the Download folder.  If that's case or you put it in a folder, you can open the folder, long press, choose Edit and Move.  Hit up and the label at the top should say /mnt/sdcard.  Hit the menu button, Edit and then paste.  Then you can try again. 

0 Likes
amc_1989

PJNC284 wrote:

how did you put it on there, via usb or did you download it on your phone? Choose reboot and when it boots, download Astro File Manager if you haven't already. Open astro and the file should you should be able to scroll down and see the file if it's in the correct location.  If you downloaded it on the phone, it's probably under the Download folder.  If that's case or you put it in a folder, you can open the folder, long press, choose Edit and Move.  Hit up and the label at the top should say /mnt/sdcard.  Hit the menu button, Edit and then paste.  Then you can try again. 

I did it via usb. I don't know why it won't work. I did everything you told me and it still won't work. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Only other thing that could cause it would be if the filename was .zip.zip instead of .zip.  Also for PG05IMG.zip the 0 is the number 0 and the I is the capital letter I (as in Ice Cream)

0 Likes
amc_1989

PJNC284 wrote:

Only other thing that could cause it would be if the filename was .zip.zip instead of .zip.  Also for PG05IMG.zip the 0 is the number 0 and the I is the capital letter I (as in Ice Cream)

Yep it's .zip.zip  Is there a way to change that and will I have to re download it on the computer and then put it on the phone.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

You can use Astro.  Long press on the file, hit edit and rename.  Delete the second .zip and save it.  

0 Likes
amc_1989

PJNC284 wrote:

You can use Astro.  Long press on the file, hit edit and rename.  Delete the second .zip and save it.  

It worked except for not changing the baseband. It did change the build number.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Your baseband won't match the one on the pdf from Verizon since they goofed and didn't put the right number.  Believe it's 627r/625r or something like that instead of 613w.  If you have working data, it updated the baseband because an old baseband wouldn't work on MR2 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
1.39.00.0627r, 0.01.69.0625r are the correct basebands for the MR2 update .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes