My Verizon Mobile taking over my phone again!
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once again my bill is due 1 week from today & My Verizon Mobile is taking over my phone again!! Anyone else? Is there possibly a setting for this anyone knows about? Making a phone call is almost impossible. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon Mobile taking over my phone again!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the application doing?

Do you need to use it on the device? There should be a way to disable it if you don't want to use it. At least that's what I did on my Tbolt.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Okay, I had to think for a minute, but I think I know what you're talking about, even if I can't help much. Maybe I'm mistaken, but does it start bugging you about making your payment, even though it's not due for a week or so? I'm not sure if there's anything you can do, but I have my payments set up to automatically be paid from my bank account every month, so I never get those alerts. I do understand how irritating it probably is because it's almost like they don't trust you to remember to make the payment. I don't mind being reminded, but once should be enough. I have most of the accounts I pay monthly set up to remind me a few days ahead, but that has always been an option I had to request and I was able to pick how many days ahead they reminded me.

Edit: I forgot that I do get one reminder, but it's to let me know they are going to be making the withdrawal from my account on a specific date, but they only send the one, so it's not a big irritation to me

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry but My Verizon Mobile comes preinstalled on the ReZound.  You can not disable, delete or uninstall it as far as I know without root.  Every time I try to do something My Verizon Mobile pops up and will not let me do anything else.  I make it go away eventually and it pops back up again.  The most irritating is whenever I press CALL it pops up and will not let me make a call.  Each time you have to wait for it to load.  I'm disabled and they better hope I don't need to make an emergency call when this happens!  Thanks anyway but its just a little more complicated.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Okay, that's not the problem I'd read about. DharmaDog, I hate to say this because my Rezound has been great, but you've had nothing but problems and I'm about convinced that you need another phone. I've read about people having different problems with their Rezound's, but you seem to be afflicted with all of them and this is one I haven't heard of before.

I'm sure you probably have customer service on speed dial, but have you discussed the possibility of changing phones yet? I'm curious to hear if they had any suggestions about this problem other than to suggest another factory reset.

Good luck

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes pat you are exactly right again!  My payment is due in one week.  I have been a customer for 7 or 8 years and they have never had a payment problem from me.  I pay my bill online and it immediately comes out of my account.  I don't mind a reminder but I very much mind having my phone taken over and losing control of it.  The worst is that I basically can not make a call because every time I press CALL here comes My Verizon Mobile and I have to wait for it to load.  I have to keep trying over and over until I can finally get the call to go through before it has time to pop-up.  I am disabled and there have been times when I have to make an emergency call for help. I hope it's not when this is happening!  I had to go ahead and pay my bill (before it would stop) which is not that big a deal but I really don't like being treated like a child.

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ooops, you must have posted that while I was typing.  Thought you were talking about the same thing.  It happened to me last month also.  This problem is posted by other people on HTC but there was no agreement if it had anything to do with the bill being due.  That's what it seems to be for me because today was 1 week from due date and the 1st call I attempted this morning it popped up when I pressed CALL.

I don't know what it is I need but I obviously need something!!!   LOL!   As a systems engineer these just all seem like software problems to me.  I think the boot-looping is because I live in the middle of nowhere and something happens here with the network that results in my network being changed to "WCDMA".  The battery overheating and audio noise could be hardware.  I don't know!  Just very frustrated....

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I had to go ahead and pay my bill (before it would stop) which is not that big a deal but I really don't like being treated like a child.

Okay, for a while there I thought we were talking about a different problem. I know it's too aggravating to be funny, but that's exactly what I thought when I was posting. Reminds me of my mother when I was growing up. Verizon acts like we're too immature to pay our bills without constant reminders. Part of the problem might be that many people aren't mature enough to pay their bills, but that's why they have a collections department. When you're account is up to date, not allowing you to do anything on your phone without popping up a reminder that it's coming due is ridiculous. That's something that shouldn't be done until you're delinquent.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And the MyVerizon application came pre-installed on my Thunderbolt too. It never bothered me because I never logged into my account with the application.

Since you have logged into your account with the application, you can make the application "forget" that you had logged in. Go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the "My Verizon Mobile" application and select it. Press the "clear data" button. This will clear out of the login information. Then you can remove any widgets or application shortcuts from the homescreens. You can't remove it from the application drawer, but it shouldn't bother you anymore.

Try that and see if that helps you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Hadn't thought about that. I don't know if it will fix it and it probably won't happen again until the next billing cycle, but it's a good idea and it will be interesting to see if it works.

0 Likes