Re: My Verizon Mobile taking over my phone again!
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ummm....  Wow! Really.... I'm happy for you but I don't understand quite how your experience relates to this problem involving the Rezound and a different version of My Verizon Mobile.  I appreciate your attempt to be helpful.

I very clearly stated that it is running on its own.  I never ran it or "logged into (my) account with the application..."  I have no desire or need to do so.  I don't have any apps or widgets on my screens for it or the data usage monitor.  This version does not even require a login unless you wish to do something (pay your bill, change plan or features, change your profile, etc..)  It only requires a password in order to verify security for making changes.  This phone apparently works very differently than your Thunderbolt and actually would be closer to your Nexus. You have to set up a Verizon profile that is handled by the Verizon SSO engine.  This is a background process that provides security for all Verizon services. It would be similar to the Verizon Login app that has to be downloaded on the Nexus.

I know how to clear an application's data buffer and cache and am very experienced at doing factory resets.  The application is constantly running and in communication with Verizon.  Clear the data buffer and wait awhile and it is filled again.  The same thing happens with the Verizon SSO engine.  Clearing data buffers and caches can be helpful at times but on background processes typically just results in the data being immediately reloaded.

I really do appreciate your trying but I would not attempt to assist you with My Verizon Mobile on your Nexus. Different hardware, different version of the app, and I have no direct knowledge or experience with it to be helpful or desire to get or maintain a CL designation.  I am in need of actual helpful direct knowledgeable information. You could get a job as a Verizon CSR though!  LOL!  Thanks anyway for trying!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you had to input your MyVerizon account password for any of the Verizon applications then you have logged into your account on the phone.

There are others on this community with the ReZound as well. Perhaps they will see this thread and comment.

is one that I am aware of with the ReZound.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh boy!....I don't know!  It would be like using a nuclear bomb to kill a mosquito but maybe I am that desperate.  I could try to figure out a way to back out the Verizon Profile.  Maybe if I clear and kill all Verizon Services and then clear and kill the Verizon SSO Engine.  The question is can I do it fast enough.  I would then have to start a Verizon Service and have it trigger the SSO Engine to request a Verizon Profile be set-up. Then I would just not provide the info.  I have no idea if it would work! Could I do it fast enough before the data gets reloaded? If it works, what else would I be disabling??

Like you said I would really have no idea if it even stops the My Verizon Mobile nagging until the end of the next billing cycle.  Maybe I would just create a bigger mess!!  Yay!!!!  Guess its time for some trial and error trouble-shooting!  You know this is really ridiculous!!  I have my own work to do.  One of these days maybe Verizon will realize that they aren't a commercial software company and making it in the software world isn't as easy at it might seem!  I say stick with your core business and what you know best!  Oh well won't know till I try....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I also don't need assistance with the MyVerizon Mobile app on my Nexus.

It is quite disabled by utilizing a feature built into Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) operating system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 wrote:

If you had to input your MyVerizon account password for any of the Verizon applications then you have logged into your account on the phone.

I would contend that is not technically correct but it doesn't really matter.  I was responding to your verbatim comment "Since you have logged into your account with the application...."   Which I most certainly have not.  Not proper to make assumptions when trying to provide technical support.

Ann154 wrote:

There are others on this community with the ReZound as well. Perhaps they will see this thread and comment.

demmo86rt is one that I am aware of with the ReZound.

Since this is the Rezound discussion space as far as I am aware most others on this thread have the Rezound.  There are comments about this in other threads here in the Rezound discussion space and in the HTC Rezound forum on HTC and in other Android forums on the web but unfortunately as yet no solutions and even contention as to whether it has anything to do with the bill being due.

Thanks again!

Message was edited by: DharmaDog:  I also forgot there are lots of rather unpleasant comments about this problem on the marketplace mostly from (if not all) Rezound owners.

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once again, I am happy for you!  I never implied that you did, just that if you did I would not attempt to assist since it is different hardware and a different version of My Verizon Mobile about which I have no direct knowledge or experience.  Apples and oranges you know.  I wouldn't wish to complicate the situation.

I will be glad when we finally get ICS "later this year" so we might have better luck dealing with some of these problems and at least hiding all the crap that Verizon insist on putting on our phones. That is if I even still have this phone or am still with Verizon.

Thank you again!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for this.  I have used the My Verizon app on occasion, but never have it pop up unwanted.  I don't have auto bill pay set up and don't have any reminders set up, which may be why.  I had seen this thread, but didn't comment for this reason, though I would have probably suggested the same things.

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I FINALLY got it done!  Pat I was kind of hoping you would see this and slap me in the face and tell me to get over it, pay my bill no later than 1 day and 1 week before it is due, and move on!  LOL!  I had to try over, and over, and over, and over again because I could never beat the data being reloaded.  I finally did it and now I no longer have a Verizon profile on my phone.  Hope I didn't create more problems! 

It will be hilarious if they can still trigger it remotely and next month it pops-up but causes the SSO engine to request a profile be created.  That will be even more irritating!  Maybe this points the way to solving all the problems.  Just turn my phone off and never use it again!

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Well, responding to this would have been faster and easier, if this forum format wasn't so confusing and difficult to use. I just realized that I hijacked your thread and wrote half a page to complain about the forum format, so I deleted it.

I should probably look on the bright side. At least the forum is irritating me and not my phone.

Not having the problem puts me at a disadvantage, but I'm sorry I missed out on the opportunity to give you a head smack. I guess it does seem somewhat logical. Logic doesn't always seem to have much to do with smart phones however, since each individual phone seems to have it's own quirks. It would be easier if they all did it, but apparently, some, like yours are getting the pop ups and others aren't. I thought it might have had something to do with my using auto pay, but apparently not. You shouldn't have to pay 8 days early to stop pop ups from disabling your phone though. Hopefully you didn't start something else. They might think it worked so well, that they'll start the pop ups two weeks early instead of one week. Maybe they're using you as a conditioning experiment like Pavlov's dog. The sooner we irritate him, the sooner he pays.

It's also kind of frustrating that you have to wait till the next billing cycle to see if it works. I'm not very patient and I like to see if something worked immediately, not three weeks later. Your phone seems to have enough going on to keep you occupied till the next billing cycle however.

0 Likes
cali1

I have a similar issue. When trying to return a call from the last person that called, I tap the phone button to automatically dial the last in-call number, and the "My Verizon Molbile" app comes up. It happens everytime! This is the only issue but it is very annoying. I had a Thunderbolt, and  an Incredible, and had no issues with either.

0 Likes