My dumbest smart phone
kpsmln

I would like one accurate, complete answer from one provider, either Verizon, HTC, or Google. 

Voice Dialing, is the worst feature, not only that, it's dangerous. Why would you create a feature,  for "hands free" if you have to look at the device to make sure of what you have asked the voice dialer to dial.  There is NO audible confirmation of what or who you have asked for.  When I emailed Verizon, I was sent to HTC, who tried to set me up with the Google dialing feature, which only worked for about a minute, before it started looking up everything that had to do with "dial MOM"- internet, where ever. Frustrated, I called Verizon, who looked and looked and suggested I go to the market place and download some non-supported application that may work.  Of course it may cost something.  Why can't someone just write a code for the voice dialer  to confirm audibly what you are asking for?  Similar to the LG model I had, you asked to call MOM, it would respond "call mom home or mobile"?, then I would choose and not ever have to look at the screen. This is about to drive me crazy, especially something that should be simple to answer or fix, especially with the cost of the phone.

Next issue, what is with the phone cutting off an on after the UPGRADE?????  It's been what 2 weeks now and they are still FIXING IT?

0 Likes
Re: My dumbest smart phone
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

This would be a manufacturer issue, not Verizon.

Also, this is a customer-to-customer site. I would suggest contacting HTC about this. They make the updates and the phones, Verizon just sells it and pushes out the updates. Not much they can do.

0 Likes
kpsmln

The manufacturer HTC, doesn't have  solution, they sent me to Google.

0 Likes
kpsmln

and if Verizon is selling thephone, then Verizon, should be responsible for seeing that these issues are fixed. I paid Verizon...and want them to to do the leg work not me...especially not after spending what I spent on thisphone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

kpsmln wrote:

and if Verizon is selling thephone, then Verizon, should be responsible for seeing that these issues are fixed. I paid Verizon...and want them to to do the leg work not me...especially not after spending what I spent on thisphone.

Actually that's a negative.  Why should Verizon be held liable when all other resalers are not?  If you buy an Xbox from BestBuy who do you go to after the initial 30 days?  Microsoft...

Anyway... It's a HTC issue.  The Bluetooth stack that HTC uses has ALWAYS been terrible.  If you try ANY HTC sense device you will find that out quickly.  Motorola uses one of the best stacks out there and they actually write their own code to make sure it works well.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

kpsmln wrote:

Technically you also paid HTC. And it is an HTC issue, not Verizon. HTC made the phone and the software and they make the updates. Verizon is the middle-man.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
But they work together on it. Google HTC and Verizon. Each has there own part of it. Sometimes I feel like Verizon knows more then HTC.
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

gina7289 wrote:
But they work together on it. Google HTC and Verizon. Each has there own part of it. Sometimes I feel like Verizon knows more then HTC.

How so? From my experience (and I'm definitely not saying all reps are like this) some Verizon reps know nothing about the products they sell. All phone companies I've dealt with are like this, though.

For an example. There was a poster on here somewhere, don't remember which forum, who said they took their DX into the Verizon store because they were having issues with it. The rep argued with them that they had the Droid X2, not the Droid X... The Droid X2 is missing the camera button, while the Droid X is not. That rep clearly had NO idea what they were talking about.

0 Likes
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:

kpsmln wrote:

Actually that's a negative.  Why should Verizon be held liable when all other resalers are not?  If you buy an Xbox from BestBuy who do you go to after the initial 30 days?  Microsoft...

Anyway... It's a HTC issue.  The Bluetooth stack that HTC uses has ALWAYS been terrible.  If you try ANY HTC sense device you will find that out quickly.  Motorola uses one of the best stacks out there and they actually write their own code to make sure it works well.

While I in general agree, you don't continue paying Best Buy every month to keep using the XBox. This is a subscription service, and one in which Verizon forces the Google Marketplace to censor what apps you can access from your phone.

My cable TV set top box is manufactured by Motorola, but if it has an issue, I still go to Comcast for resolution, because it is a monthly subscription. Verizon is even moreso - it's a contractually defined time period subscription - you can't get out of it.

0 Likes
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1

vereyezuhn wrote:

kpsmln wrote:

Technically you also paid HTC. And it is an HTC issue, not Verizon. HTC made the phone and the software and they make the updates. Verizon is the middle-man.

HTC didn't put VZNavigator, or any of the other verizon mandated crapware on it. Verizon has final say on any software installed on it.

0 Likes