My phone will not turn on.
happy_red2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone died last night and it now will not turn back on.  It has been charging for over 5 hours. Is this something that has happened to anyone else?  Does anyone have a recommendation of what I should do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone will not turn on.
happy_red2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

With the rhyme you can not pull the battery.  The charge light was coming on and was red last night but was green when I got up this morning.  I did a search on google and found someone had the same problem as I did and found that if you hold the volume down button and the power button it forces it into a hard reset and it is now working.  I hope that this can help someone else in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mac2ginger

Approximately 9AM, I had a message stating my phone was going to update & would take 3 minutes. It mentioned the phone will power down then up for this new offering. It's been much longer than 3 minutes.

0 Likes
mac2ginger

I'm in eastern standard time and posting this message at 9:22AM, but it's showing up like posted ate 7:22 am.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried a battery pull for a few minutes and place it back in and see if it gets any life...   Also does your charge light come on when you plug it in and what color if it does?

0 Likes
happy_red2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

With the rhyme you can not pull the battery.  The charge light was coming on and was red last night but was green when I got up this morning.  I did a search on google and found someone had the same problem as I did and found that if you hold the volume down button and the power button it forces it into a hard reset and it is now working.  I hope that this can help someone else in the future.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thats right I have to get use to these devices the dont have accessible batteries, especially since it looks like they are trying to make it standard...

Glad you found a solution and you are back up..

0 Likes