NO YouTube on 4G LTE
jcat30127
Enthusiast - Level 2

YouTube videos WILL NOT PLAY on the 4G network in Atlanta Georgia.  It was reported on Saturday 2/25/2012 and as of today 3/1/2012 it STILL DOES NOT WORK.

YouTube will work on 3G.

I called Verizon yesterday, re-reported it. 

Today I am wondering if they are listening or even care ???

Can anyone in Atlanta who owns a 4G phone OTHER THAN THE THUNDERBOLT test this?  Can you watch YouTube videos using 4G ?????

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NO YouTube on 4G LTE
jcat30127
Enthusiast - Level 2

^^^ 

Arnett,

I got a voice mail from a Verizon tech that said that it WAS A VERIZON NETWORK PROBLEM and that it has been fixed.

I wonder why you did not know this ?

-John-

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

does anything else work on 4g? can you stream video from anywhere else while on 4g?

0 Likes
jcat30127
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything else works fine. 

YouTube will begin buffering then time-out.

Same result in APP or in Browser.

It will work in WiFi.

It will work in CDMA (3G) mode.

YouTube begins to buffer, then fails, in 4G mode.

REaL StRaNgE !!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Can you use Wi-Fi if you have it in your Home it would work just as good as the 4G does i'm using it now for my Droids Got a D .R Maxx an Droid X. an got both hook to the Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
jcat30127
Enthusiast - Level 2

IT IS WORKING NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon staff on two different days........with no result.

I post here, and it is fixed in less than 12 hours !!!!!

I'M VERY HAPPY NOW !!!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I saw this same thing in the Rezound forum.  Did they actually do anything, or did it just start working again?

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello jcat30127,

Thank you for sharing your concern on Youtube not working on 4G on your device! As it stands, there is not a 4G issue in the Atlanta, GA area. Although I'm not quite sure as to why you receive the error message, I can assure you that we do not restrict Youtube or any other media from our 4G network. May I ask did you receive an update on your Youtube app? Rumor has it that Youtube was updating their services to enhance the customer experience. This may have had an indirect effect on your services. In either case, I'm glad to hear that it is working for you! Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Could be due to YouTube app update from a few days ago.  In addition, it will now show videos in 720p, full resolution for our screens.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Demmo will it go full 720p when the Video starts or is this a feature on YouTube that has to be enabled to get it. B33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jcat30127
Enthusiast - Level 2

^^^ 

Arnett,

I got a voice mail from a Verizon tech that said that it WAS A VERIZON NETWORK PROBLEM and that it has been fixed.

I wonder why you did not know this ?

-John-

0 Likes