Netflix?
lgnautical

Does anyone know if you can get Netflix streaming video on the Thunderbolt?  And once Skype app works, can one skype with PC via the Thunderbolt?

0 Likes
Re: Netflix?
AZSALUKI
Legend

netflix doesn't have an android app yet. skype "should" be able to work with a pc, but we wont know for sure until they fix it and release it. 

0 Likes
Not applicable
You can stream Netflix with a Roku and Slingbox.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

true, but that will only run you $300 to get it all set up and ready to go.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Actually, the Slingbox SOLO is not that expensive and it's really great having access to your cable tv stations anywhere with your laptop or smartphone. The SOLO is designed for one input device, but I have my cable box and Roku (Netflix) both connected.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah...it's a sweet setup if you can swing it...but isn't it $60 for the roku, $150 or so for the slingbox, and $30 for the slingbox app?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you already had a wii or blu ray with the netflix app, then you could probably at least skip the roku.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

WoW thats Not Cheap. Hech i can see all the Movies i want Cox Indemand. There Not all free but PreeViews are. And i like to watch Vutopia its free movies if have like Encore.   Stay away from Blockbuster app it did'nt work when when the X came out :smileyvery-happy:  Does Netflix on the Wii or other game system cost the same. As it would on the Mobile Devices. Just wondering. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

on the wii, it's just like from a pc. i think you can stream movies for $8.99/month. it's just a way to get it to your tv through a wii app. otherwise you have to have a roku or blu ray player that can do it (or have an internet ready tv). then, of course, you have to have a router to send the signal from your modem. i actually don't have the subscription...i just noticed a few months back that an update to the wii added a netflix app.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thats Cool. Thanks AZSALUKI  for the Info I've got the Wii  25th Anniversary Consol Game Set the color is really cool. an i got Last week  the 25th Anniversary Super Mario Brothers All Stars to Go with the Consol i got. So the combination of the two in time might be worth a alittle Something. An some of those games can give ya a Definate Workout. :smileyvery-happy: Tried the yellow Letters Would'nt Work Switch to Orange. :smileyvery-happy: But thanks Again for the Info.

0 Likes