Network Extender??
skerfan2284

So I have the TB, and my wife has the Droid 3. Inside our home, and within about 20-30 feet of our house..we do not get reception at all. If you do manage to get  a call out, it is almost gauranteed that you will drop the call. Has anyone used the network extender, and if so..does it work? Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender??
Wildman
Legend

Yes I have one and it works pretty well..

0 Likes
brichi
Contributor - Level 1

I put an extender in my office for my iphone, the only guy who cannot keep a call successful is a Thunderbolt user, I found this thread because I am looking to see if there is a way to stop his Thunderbolt from even connecting to the extender, he doesnt need it yet it forces him to use it, 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I had issues connecting to extender before MR2 but after update is has worked perfecty... 

How old is the extender because the first ones had issues with 3G devices that they fixed later but since the extender doent support 4G this may be the nature of the issue like the older ones had issues with 3G devices, is the one having issue the only 4G device connected and have you tried disabling 4G radio and see if this helps.

0 Likes
brichi
Contributor - Level 1

The extender I think is not to old, It's the scs-26uc4, I get full 3G bars on the iPhone when it's on so I am assuming it's a 3G model obviously, Still dont understand why the Thunderbolt would have issues. Where I live (easten Long Islnad, NY) there is not even close to 4G coverage so it's not like it's confusing signals or anything, I just wish I could exclude people on the extender, would make life so much easier with it

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

What I have noticed is that areas without 4G experianced the most issues becuase if the phone supports 4G it will continue to look for it whether its presnt or not, since my extender doesnt support 4G either ,y device worked best with 4G off on device...

t would normally connect but signal was speratic until I turn it to 3G only....

0 Likes
vantech
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can exclude people from using your extender, i have mine set up so only my family can use it. And even with the extender my thunderbolt still only has 2 or 3 bars and thats even standing 10 feet away from it

0 Likes
brichi
Contributor - Level 1

how do you have people excluded? if you add people to a priority list, that doesnt mean it excludes everyone else from connecting, it just means it will bump off people who are not a priority if the priority people are on the phone

0 Likes