Never buy another HTC
dmord

HTC has been misleading when it comes to updating the Thunderbolt to ICS. This is the last HTC phone I will ever buy, and I would recommend the same to anyone else.

0 Likes
Never buy another HTC
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Thunderbolt has been stable with the Gingerbread Android OS. If the ICS update, does finally come I will happily install it.  Until then, I'm not worried about it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Never buy another HTC
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

It's the last HTC I'll buy and last time I'll do business with Verizon.

0 Likes
and1DR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think this is beyond HTC at this point. 

0 Likes
PJH30

I have to agree after my Thunderbolt started to randomly shut off for no reason at all.  It has shut down 11 times today for no apparent reason.  Took it to the store and they were not at all helpful.  I will not buy another HTC.

0 Likes
dmord

I just sent another email to HTC yesterday (1-9-13) and they sent me the same canned response I got 6 months ago. Why can't they just admit that the Thunderbolt will never get a software upgrade? They are a shameless company.

0 Likes
OhioDan2

JUNK!

Got the latest Firmware update on Sunday 2/10, but it did not fix the "random sudden power down for no reason" issue.  My HTC Thunderbolt phone shuts itself down at least a dozen times a day when it has a full battery, and both before and after the latest firmware update.

Last night, I was out working in my pole barn while my wife and kid were in the house.  My 1yr old bashed her face on the kitchen cabinet and was bleeding (turned out to be just a bit lip).  But my wife tried to call me 10 times...TEN TIMES...and none of them went through.  WHY?  Because my phone was sitting there on my workbench and had POWERED DOWN FOR NO REASON.  My wife was SEVERELY mad that I didn't answer my phone when she needed my help.  She had to throw on my shoes and wrapped our daughter in her coat to come out and get me.

I REFUSE TO USE A PRODUCT THAT ISN'T RELIABLE ESPECIALLY WHEN I NEED IT THE MOST!  It did the soft reboot and the hard reboot, too.  No luck.  This phone is only like 6-months old.

Hoping this is covered under my insurance/protection plan.  I'm also out of contract, but I like this phone when it functions correctly!   =S

0 Likes