New text messages have random text in them after HTC Update
jkaye

Has anyone else had this problem? I've googled and only found issues with text messages loading. When I go to compose a new text message, there's already random text in the input box, so I have to delete it all before I can write my new text message. I've restarted my phone and it's still happening. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: New text messages have random text in them after HTC Update
e9coupe

Yes, my phone is doing the exact same thing so you're not alone.  I don't have an answer, its just irritating and I wanted to vent!  8-)

Dan

0 Likes
smdavis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes!! My phone has been "loading" when I go to texting so I have been using Go SMS Pro app exclusively since the update on Saturday.  I was finally able to use regular text messaging today - and yes there was random text (and pics) already in the inbox ready to send...So I will continue to use Go SMS Pro until the quirks are hopefully worked out.  It's a free download and syncs with the regular texts so you may want to go that route also.

0 Likes
Wyndi

Glad I'm not the only one this is happening to.  The random text in the box I can just delete, when it pulls a random pic, I have to send it to remove it.  It won't delete.  I'm also having issues with replies going to a different contact.  Hope someone has an answer soon!

0 Likes
LisaS2

I had this too. I used the menu to find draft messages and deleted them. The problem cleared up and no longer happens.

0 Likes
Johnnybob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had this issue, but I think I figured out what the problem was. I've had my thunderbolt for over two years now, and after the ICS update, I noticed I was getting random texts pre-filled when I responded to an existing person. A few of them looked familiar, so I went through deleting the text that was there, but next time it would happen again.

I discovered that my phone has been keeping draft text responses that I had not sent for the past 2 years, and each time I would go back into messages, it would pull up another random message and pr-efill it.

Try this and see if it works for you.

Select Messages, then select the Menu button, then select the Drafts menu item. If you have multiple drafts displayed, select the menu again and then select Delete Drafts. At this point, select the box to the right of each draft, then select the Delete button.

If you don't see the Delete Drafts menu option, that means you don't have any drafts.

I hope this helps someone else.