Newbie Thunderbolt Question
Joscelin

I got my Thunderbolt on Saturday.  Other than being sorely dissapointed at any lack of a DECENT instruction manual being given to me with the phone, I'm happy with it.  It's also my first Android, as I am a recovering Blackberry user. :smileyhappy:

I feel like the phone does not check my email as frequently as it should.  I did the automatic set up, do I need to do something in the settings to up how often it checks my email server?   I'd like it to check every five minute.

I apprecaite any and all adivce.  Thanks so much!

Julie  AKA Joscelin

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Newbie Thunderbolt Question
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Try this:  Go to Settings>Accounts & Sync>the email account that you want to change>Update schedule.  Set your update frequency as schedule to suit your desires.  If this doesn't work, there is an alternate way described in the manual.

The user manual can be found here.  HTH

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Try this:  Go to Settings>Accounts & Sync>the email account that you want to change>Update schedule.  Set your update frequency as schedule to suit your desires.  If this doesn't work, there is an alternate way described in the manual.

The user manual can be found here.  HTH

0 Likes
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'm glad to be the first. Maybe the name maybe. I am a PR agent down in Anna Maria Island, FL. Anyways, I and very young to be excited about the capabilities. I have 5 gmail account, 3 yahoo and. I have yet to miss an email. I have everyone of them completely separate. Okay so to the answer #1 are you utilizing corporate email? If so, your company needs to set it up. The real simple answer is go to settings in the gmail and the Google search. It gets deeper but look at the setting interval by pressing the menu button located . I'm up and I was the first to own this device and I have some great tips. DON'T DOWNLOAD ADVANCED TASK KILLER. IF YOU GET 4 G like me than the battery. My approx sped are. 12,000mbps download and upto 37,000.mbps. upload that's why I recommend to be patient bc I take 200 business cards and I document them by camera and get paid. pay for apps,sorry for the run on biography. I'm not an X Verizon but I'm making $1000-3000 because I can do anything
0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Joscelin,

The Thunderbolt is my favorite phone & it has excellent capabilities. The steps that was provided by  is correct on the path to change the email delivery interval. I also wanted to add that by changing the email delivery frequency, more of the battery power is used. To offset this power usage you can change some other settings in the device. Here are a few suggestions.

1.  Adjust the screen's brightness

2.  Disable bluetooth, wifi, & GPS when not being used.

3.  Unckeck device vibration when on silent

4.  Disable apps running in the background when not in use.

Enjoy your new device! 

0 Likes
Joscelin

Thank you so much for your kind reply!  Indeed I had solved the initial problem from an earlier reply, but I SO appreciate the tips on how to concerve battery life!  I am loving my T-Bolt!

0 Likes
Joscelin

Thank you so much for your reply and your kind advice.  Why do you say I should not use Advanced Task Killer if I may ask?

:smileyhappy:

Julie

0 Likes
Joscelin

Excellent! This indeed fixed my problem!   Thank you so much!

0 Likes