Newbie, network setting
cmsully

I just turned on Thunderbolt and received the message below when I try to login in to my gmail account.

"Cannot connect to the remote server. Please check the network seetings and try again."

What am I doing wrong?  I am a newbie and need direction.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Newbie, network setting
bnjr86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would go into the account settings that you can find in the settings menu.  I would just delete the account and reenter the information.  I also put my Gmail to use the exchange server settings.  When you add an account choose Microsoft Exchange, enter your info, all usernames should be your full gmail address and leave the field that says optional.   Then when you go to the next screen, enter the server name as m.google.com and that should work as well.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try a Battery Pull an see if this fixes the issue if not contact Verizon's Tech Services they will guide you thru the process an Make sure the Tech understands what phone you have an the issue your having with it. If he she Does'nt ask to be pute thru to A T3 Tech as they no more on tech side of the Phones. Good luck with your Out come. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
nateccnn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cannot Connect to Server indicates you do not have a data connection.  You can either use the phone's 4G/3G data connection or a WiFi connection.  Have yuo set up WiFi?

Make sure you have on of the two types of data connection working and then try again.

I assume you are using the stock GMail app and you know your user name and password.

Nate

0 Likes